Thread poster: Daniel Meléndez
Daniel Meléndez
Daniel Meléndez  Identity Verified
Peru
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 22, 2016

Hi everyone,

I do freelance localization for some agencies, most of them based in Europe. Some of these clients work under a “first come first served” assignation system, meaning immediate confirmation is a must to get these jobs before anyone else. This wouldn't be much of a problem, check your box and reply right away; however, since myself based in Latin America and having to deal with the 7-hour time difference between the country I am located at and the agency's makes it so
... See more
Hi everyone,

I do freelance localization for some agencies, most of them based in Europe. Some of these clients work under a “first come first served” assignation system, meaning immediate confirmation is a must to get these jobs before anyone else. This wouldn't be much of a problem, check your box and reply right away; however, since myself based in Latin America and having to deal with the 7-hour time difference between the country I am located at and the agency's makes it so. While some clients own this situation and show willingness to send off work during a timeframe that doesn't catch me off guard to confirm (i.e. early mornings) some others just... do not. This is quite a pesky situation which has already made me lose a couple of good jobs just because it was 3 AM in the morning (from my end) and of course I wasn't able to confirm my availability, because I was too passed out to do so.
I would like to know if there is some kind of app of any trick for iPhone phones that allows them to trigger an alarm or phone call once you get an e-mail that passes certain criteria. Google Alerts have no use for this: Alert sounds are too weak and too “ring only once” to help me out. The only thing I've found so far that does exactly what I need is an app called IFTTT; sadly for me, the phoning feature only works for US phones, so then again, not an option.

Any tips or thoughts?

Thank you upfront for any thought you can do on the matter.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

On-Call vs Timezone

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »