Deja vu X3 – bugs and areas to improve
Thread poster: Pavel Tsvetkov
Atril_TEAM
Atril_TEAM
France
Local time: 16:57
FYI Jul 7, 2015

mikhailo wrote:

1. If a lot of clients use that — why can't You add this filter to DVX3 filter set.

I just wanted to let you know that we have added the xml filter for Infix by default in DVX3 latest build.

Kind regards,
Etienne

[Edited at 2015-07-07 16:16 GMT]

mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 17:57
English to Russian
+ ...
re Jul 7, 2015

Atril Team wrote:

Hi Mikailo,

What is the source file format?
Could you please send the source file at [email protected] and detail what happens?

No one reported issues with the joining/splitting feature so we would like to see what causes the bug in your case.

Thank you,
Atril Team

1 Format: Doc, badly converted from pdf.
The problem is that backslash comments «{» of tag.
3. No one: May be no one is so «crazy» as me.

2. Support: With your responses in 3 weeks (DVX3 forum seems to be near to death) and NDA to me the support is not a good idea.

Hope You can reproduce the bug having converted from pdf table where strings in cell look like
1 2 3
1 abfg/ fjgjglh glhlkgf
ghkhjk hgtkj
2 etc.

Thanks for Infix filter. Add this working-with-pdf technology in your manual. IT'S THE WAY TO WORK WITH TRUE (VECTOR, NOT RENDERED) PDF FROM ACAD (ACAD dgws in PDF).

And I wanted to know — when we'll see problemlos workflow with SDL packages (it's better for newbies) or SDLXLIFF files with bad entities, with transit packages, go to next empty, autoreset MT status after manual editing, 100% match only by words (alfabetic symbols) (ignore not only numerals, but punctuation marks, single/multiple/non breaking spaces etc); Meas Units auto/manual converter (You have a lot of free place on ribbon, especially on wide and very wide monitors - for them another good idea - vertical toolbars (I'm a ribbon hater) - because the lack of vertical workplace)?

Another good idea — convert dsl (simple tagged Unicode text files) dics (Lingvo, Goldendict) for project lexicons (for polysemantic words — ignore, use first meaning, manual select etc.)

It's not a very good idea to build lexicon by word number.
Much better — using morphology from Hunspell dics and patterns — noun+adj, adj+noun, verb + prep + noun, verb + noun, adverb + verb, adverb + adj and more complex.

Another good idea for Office Live filter - replace 2 ->² , ^3>³, '|’ >' for some langs etc. because I'm tired to see m{123}2{124} instead of simple m² etc., and not 100% match with «l'amore» and «l’amore»

Another good idea — to inform users when fonts in MSOFFICE docs has no symbols subset for target language. It's frequent problem with creative designers/writers which use proprietary fonts with only latin subset.

Atril_TEAM
Atril_TEAM
France
Dear Mikhailo Jul 8, 2015

Please apologize, but I am not sure I understood your answer.

Please write to me at [email protected] and we will set up a phone call to make everything clearer.

Support: With your responses in 3 weeks (DVX3 forum seems to be near to death) and NDA to me the support is not a good idea.

One important thing: we treat support requets
... See more

Please write to me at [email protected] and we will set up a phone call to make everything clearer.

Support: With your responses in 3 weeks (DVX3 forum seems to be near to death) and NDA to me the support is not a good idea.

One important thing: we treat support requets sent to [email protected] with high priority - when dealing with something urgent, please contact us directly.

Looking forward to talking to you,
Atril Team

[Edited at 2015-07-08 22:03 GMT]
Collapse

mikhailo
mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
re Jul 8, 2015

Atril Team wrote:

One important thing: we treat support requets sent to [email protected] with high priority - when dealing with something urgent, please contact us directly.

Looking forward to talking to you,
Atril Team

[Edited at 2015-07-08 22:03 GMT]

About priority: Most of problem I've met I solved in few minutes, rarely in a pair of hours. Communicating with You takes more time and no guaranteed solution.

What do we make everything clearer for?

Problemlos working with SDLXLIFF is a pair of years already in your «to-do-list» and have not made (Why Kilgray COULD MAKE that, but Atril couldn't?).

what is unclear in this problem?

The sense of my answers — to inform you about bugs and show ideas for future improvements (with which you can agree or not).

mikhailo
mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
re another bug Jul 12, 2015

another annoying bug

the segments sequence in imported IDML does not correspond to the original - a part of sentences are not on its places but jumped somewhere in text. It's made VERY DIFFICULT to review translation cause logical links are broken.

Quick analysis shows that DVX3 uses at import of IDML sorting by name of xml in Stories folder or in Storylist of designmap.xml.
May be somewhere in IDML there is another information about logical sequencing of xml fil
... See more
another annoying bug

the segments sequence in imported IDML does not correspond to the original - a part of sentences are not on its places but jumped somewhere in text. It's made VERY DIFFICULT to review translation cause logical links are broken.

Quick analysis shows that DVX3 uses at import of IDML sorting by name of xml in Stories folder or in Storylist of designmap.xml.
May be somewhere in IDML there is another information about logical sequencing of xml files?

And once again — why Kilgray with it's MemoQ can import IDML MORE correctly than Atril with DVX3?

(I work not often with IDML, but I haven't seen NO IDML file that DVX3 imports saving correct sentence sequence. May be it's a problem of bad Indesign designers).

and yesterday I've seen first Transit package, that DV could import.
Collapse

mikhailo
mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
new function proposal Jul 15, 2015

new function proposal (another way of bypassing no GOTO NEXT EMPTY func)

«Fill/add to» selected segment with some symbols sequence, for example «&&&» or «???» to check them in final documents/context or use «go to next» &&&/Search &&& - when need to translate some sentence in big project where other segment has no status and sense of segments to be translated is clear only in full context.

It's very «nice» to search few dozens empty strings in some thousands s
... See more
new function proposal (another way of bypassing no GOTO NEXT EMPTY func)

«Fill/add to» selected segment with some symbols sequence, for example «&&&» or «???» to check them in final documents/context or use «go to next» &&&/Search &&& - when need to translate some sentence in big project where other segment has no status and sense of segments to be translated is clear only in full context.

It's very «nice» to search few dozens empty strings in some thousands segments project, where sentences has no or a lot of different statuses....
«Empty» filter/preview sometimes can't help cause you see no context/see nothing with filter on

[Редактировалось 2015-07-15 13:58 GMT]
Collapse

mikhailo
mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
re Jul 16, 2015

another new function proposal

PASTE LIKE in TABLE

Past text divided into paragraphs into consecutive translation cells in table.

And so not forget to test DVX3 installation and work in Win10 RTM, that appeared yesterday.

If some adaptation to W10 is required do it immediately so that compatible build appears in official Win 10 presentation day (29/07/15)

[Редактировалось 2015-07-16 20:07 GMT]

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Another bug I forgot about Aug 8, 2015

I don\'t know if it has been repaired in the new version, but there were also two bugs with the preview mode.
The first one was that the preview didn\'t show text if by default it was set to auto-hide. You needed to switch it to Normal mode, move to another segment (then the text in preview appeared) and then revert to auto-hide.
The second one was that if there were any hyperlinks in the text, all the text after the hyperlink turned blue and was underlined as if it were a hyperlink
... See more
I don\'t know if it has been repaired in the new version, but there were also two bugs with the preview mode.
The first one was that the preview didn\'t show text if by default it was set to auto-hide. You needed to switch it to Normal mode, move to another segment (then the text in preview appeared) and then revert to auto-hide.
The second one was that if there were any hyperlinks in the text, all the text after the hyperlink turned blue and was underlined as if it were a hyperlink too.
E.g.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,

www.blahblah.com

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
Collapse

mikhailo
mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
bug Aug 15, 2015

Autopropagation of segments that have a difference only in numbers not always works.

Segment «Position» doesn't propagate into segment «Position 5.000».

Function works only when numbers have no dividers.

Hope in next build we shall see customized autopropagate function

For example

Autopropagate to
segments with differing numbers
segments with different punctuations
segments with different PLACEABLES (non trans
... See more
Autopropagation of segments that have a difference only in numbers not always works.

Segment «Position» doesn't propagate into segment «Position 5.000».

Function works only when numbers have no dividers.

Hope in next build we shall see customized autopropagate function

For example

Autopropagate to
segments with differing numbers
segments with different punctuations
segments with different PLACEABLES (non translatable, etc; example - Oil SHELL Tellus -> Oil Klueber, menu «File» -> menu «Tools»)

For last function another usefull function is necessary - search NON-TRANSLATABLES (word in quotes or in square brackets or in CAPITALS or in dic/lexicon)
Collapse

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
I remember Jan 16, 2016

Another bug I remember.

When importing a translation memory from .txt files, in sentences starting with "-" only the first word got imported instead of the whole sentence.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deja vu X3 – bugs and areas to improve

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »