English to Russian
+ ...
Dec 16, 2015

Reproducing

Project with 3+ files
1. Filter only Empty in one file.
2. Switch to project view (all files)
3. Found any filtered segment from file in p.1
4. Join them with prev or follow segment, translate, confirm.
5. Switch back to first (empty-filtered) file and DVX3 crashes.

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 18:45
English to Turkish
+ ...
more details please Dec 17, 2015

- operating system and office version
- file types

I have heard of a similar bug but it is possibly fixed by Atril (in next build)

mikhailo
mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re Dec 18, 2015

Bug doesn't depend on filetypes.
OS - W7-64

Another bug

When translating DVX3 xliff (xlf) and join some segments, file can't be exported.

to Etienne from Atril

I've took a look on Your webinar for Russians (With Bondarenko)
It's not a good idea to demonstrate DVX to russians using ENG-FRA translation as example.
(What do You think if I starts to write russian here?)

For russian DeepMiner is not so good as You thi
... See more
OS - W7-64

Another bug

When translating DVX3 xliff (xlf) and join some segments, file can't be exported.

to Etienne from Atril

I've took a look on Your webinar for Russians (With Bondarenko)
It's not a good idea to demonstrate DVX to russians using ENG-FRA translation as example.
(What do You think if I starts to write russian here?)

For russian DeepMiner is not so good as You think, cause russian language has flexion.

look a very simple example

1year — 1 год
2 years — 2 года
3 years — 3 года
4 years — 4 года
5 years — 5 лет
11 years — 11 лет
21 years - 21 год

And there are a lot of things like that due to case endings etc. This is a typical problem for Software translation with strings like «Exported % segments».

Another bad idea - explaining basic things, instead of most useful or interesting

The third - once again back to ribbon - with monitors that widen from 16x10 to 21x9 ribbon takes more and more of valuable vertical screen space (when translating in vertical layout). Think again about it. (Add all necessary buttons to top panel at least)

the forth — is there opportunity to disable a source protection in WHOLE. Working with badly prepared sources a switching of protection for single segments is a really more headache than help.

the fifth - is there any way to import bilingual aligned text or Excel into project with translation. (without preliminary conversion to tmx)?
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Re: Dec 21, 2015

mikhailo wrote:

OS - W7-64

Another bug

AFAIK this bug was related to xliff files (maybe including SDL and memoQ xliff versions too), next build should fix it.

mikhailo wrote:
The third - once again back to ribbon - with monitors that widen from 16x10 to 21x9 ribbon takes more and more of valuable vertical screen space (when translating in vertical layout). Think again about it. (Add all necessary buttons to top panel at least)

One third of my screen used by the Ribbon, Quick Access Toolbar, Program Header and Source Target Language Column Headers. It is worse when I open a TM

mikhailo wrote:
the forth — is there opportunity to disable a source protection in WHOLE. Working with badly prepared sources a switching of protection for single segments is a really more headache than help.

See settings at:
File > Options > General
Require manual unlocking of source segments before editing

mikhailo wrote:
the fifth - is there any way to import bilingual aligned text or Excel into project with translation. (without preliminary conversion to tmx)?

Atril, hear, hear! A multilingual file filter please.

mikhailo
mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re Dec 21, 2015

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

See settings at:
File > Options > General
Require manual unlocking of source segments before editing

With a lot of free space even on single line toolbar on wide monitors i think this function (toggle source protection on|off) is worth to have a button.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Another bug - stable crashing of DVX3

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »