Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:05
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Apr 11, 2016

Dear colleagues,

as stated in my headline: I tried to export a huge sdlxliff file (16,000 words) with X3 (9.0.736) in which I put in multiple comments (~ 552 words; in the target segments). When exporting the completed file, at the end of the export the process crashes (only the process; not X3), leaving me behind with following message:

"XLIFFFilter DeleteUnusedSDLXLIFFComments Line 8330.

But, when opening the same project in X2 and exporting the same fil
... See more
Dear colleagues,

as stated in my headline: I tried to export a huge sdlxliff file (16,000 words) with X3 (9.0.736) in which I put in multiple comments (~ 552 words; in the target segments). When exporting the completed file, at the end of the export the process crashes (only the process; not X3), leaving me behind with following message:

"XLIFFFilter DeleteUnusedSDLXLIFFComments Line 8330.

But, when opening the same project in X2 and exporting the same file, no crash occurs and I can open the exported sdlxliff file in Studio and even create the Word target file, but all comments are gone. What should I consider with the comments in general? Is X3 not able to process more than a certain number of comments / comments words?

Perhaps I have to mention, that the sdlxliff was created from a Word file containing text fields (in fact, it is a converted pdf file).

Any ideas are welcome, thanks!

[Edited at 2016-04-12 07:06 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

X3: export of huge sdlxliff with comments crashes, but not with X2

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »