Local time: 05:25
Member (2005)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Oct 31, 2016

Source file format: Word 2013
Deja Vu version: DVX2 8.0.641

Hello everyone,

I'm a project manager and I've got a big English-Farsi project coming. There are lots of duplicates/repetitions within this case so I would like to use DVX2 to prepare the RTF file (suppressing the duplicates) for my Farsi linguists. The problem is I'm afraid that DVX2 will have problem in processing the translated RTF (which contains right-to-left text) as well as in converting the case b
... See more
Source file format: Word 2013
Deja Vu version: DVX2 8.0.641

Hello everyone,

I'm a project manager and I've got a big English-Farsi project coming. There are lots of duplicates/repetitions within this case so I would like to use DVX2 to prepare the RTF file (suppressing the duplicates) for my Farsi linguists. The problem is I'm afraid that DVX2 will have problem in processing the translated RTF (which contains right-to-left text) as well as in converting the case back to original format (will it automatically change the direction of the text to right-to-left in the converted file?). Essentially, I'm not sure how DVX2 work with this type of languages.

I appreciate your any inputs and related experience. Thanks in advance guys.

Regards,
Trung Vu
Collapse

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
Contact Etienne at Atril Oct 31, 2016

Hi, Trun,

I'm a longtime user of Déjà Vu X2 and X3 and Etienne (in charge of tech support at Atril) is excellent at answering questions and guiding you through to resolve an issue. His email:
Etienne (Atril Solutions) [email protected]

I'd like to hear how your Farsi project go
... See more
Hi, Trun,

I'm a longtime user of Déjà Vu X2 and X3 and Etienne (in charge of tech support at Atril) is excellent at answering questions and guiding you through to resolve an issue. His email:

I'd like to hear how your Farsi project goes! Best of luck.

Mario
www.wordsmeet.com
Collapse

Hermesia
Hermesia  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:25
Member (2005)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks... Nov 1, 2016

Mario Chavez wrote:

Hi, Trun,

I'd like to hear how your Farsi project goes! Best of luck.

Mario
www.wordsmeet.com

Thank you Mario.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Working with Farsi language (or other right-to-left languages) in DVX 2

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »