Any interoperabel and cloud based TM system to work with DV and a second CAT?
Thread poster: Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:20
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Mar 26, 2017

Dear colleagues,

perhaps the title already explains what I am looking for and perhaps it has already been discussed in another branch of proz:
I´m looking for a cloud based TM system, where I can create one or more private TMs which enables access from DV and a second CAT (let´s say Studio) via the API possibilities both CATs offer. I would just need the store and retrieve function, not combined with MT or other functionalities. And, as already said, it has to be desi
... See more
Dear colleagues,

perhaps the title already explains what I am looking for and perhaps it has already been discussed in another branch of proz:
I´m looking for a cloud based TM system, where I can create one or more private TMs which enables access from DV and a second CAT (let´s say Studio) via the API possibilities both CATs offer. I would just need the store and retrieve function, not combined with MT or other functionalities. And, as already said, it has to be designed on a private basis (therefore no Google MT or other services, unless they offer private sections).
Of course an (virtual) offline solution would also be welcomed (apart from exporting and importing of .tmx files)!
Thank you for your suggestions,

Matthias

[Edited at 2017-03-26 10:05 GMT]
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
TM-Town? Mar 26, 2017

For Studio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D30n3qJWSTk

For DVU you'll have to ask Daniel to have a look at:

https://www.tm-town.com/api

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Interesting! Mar 27, 2017

... thanks, Hans. I will try to make myself more acquainted with that aspect of TM Town when I have more time. I thought TM Town was just good for uploading segments to lure potential clients. Do you use it by yourself for online access to a TM with two different CAT tools? Should that work fine, TM Town really would offer something more useful than their (questionable) fishing-by-segment service.

[Edited at 2017-03-27 07:45 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any interoperabel and cloud based TM system to work with DV and a second CAT?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »