Edith van der Have
Edith van der Have
Netherlands
Local time: 17:02
Member (2016)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Apr 15, 2017

I had deactivated my DVX3 because I was doing some extensive and potentially risky maintenance on my work computer. Now I reactivated the software with the permanent activation key that I purchased a few years ago; however, it has turned into the Free version. The biggest problem is that I can only use one TM at a time instead of 5 ... Deactivation is no longer possible and (re)activating with my key does not work. Anyone out there in the Easter weekend who knows how to solve this problem? Thank... See more
I had deactivated my DVX3 because I was doing some extensive and potentially risky maintenance on my work computer. Now I reactivated the software with the permanent activation key that I purchased a few years ago; however, it has turned into the Free version. The biggest problem is that I can only use one TM at a time instead of 5 ... Deactivation is no longer possible and (re)activating with my key does not work. Anyone out there in the Easter weekend who knows how to solve this problem? Thanks!Collapse

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
Contact Atril Support Apr 15, 2017

I'm sure it's a glitch and Etienne (Atril Support, [email protected]) can help you.

Good luck!

Mario, Déjà Vu user since 1999.

Edith van der Have
Edith van der Have
Netherlands
Member (2016)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Mario! Apr 15, 2017

Mario Chavez wrote:

I'm sure it's a glitch and Etienne (Atril Support, [email protected]) can help you.

Good luck!

Mario, Déjà Vu user since 1999.

It looks like a glitch indeed I have contacted the Atril helpdesk, but in this weekend I'll have to be patiënt, I'm afraid ...

Edith van der Have
Edith van der Have
Netherlands
Member (2016)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Interference by virus scanner Apr 19, 2017

It took a while to find a solution, but now I have, I'm happy to share it over here. Lorenzo informed me that my virus scanner was probably interfering with DVX, while it had to contact the Atril server to verify the code. I tried several modifications in the virus scanner settings, but to no avail. I decided to restart Windows in Safe Mode because the virus scanner would not run at all then. And indeed: in Safe Mode, I was able to activate my DVX professional license... See more
It took a while to find a solution, but now I have, I'm happy to share it over here. Lorenzo informed me that my virus scanner was probably interfering with DVX, while it had to contact the Atril server to verify the code. I tried several modifications in the virus scanner settings, but to no avail. I decided to restart Windows in Safe Mode because the virus scanner would not run at all then. And indeed: in Safe Mode, I was able to activate my DVX professional license

[Edited at 2017-04-19 09:52 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-04-19 09:52 GMT]
Collapse

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
What virus scanner are you using? Apr 20, 2017

I guess it depends on the antivirus program. Microsoft Security Essentials, for instance, never caused me problems. I stopped using anything from Norton Antivirus more than a decade ago because it hogs processor cycles and it is very difficult to remove should you change programs. I use Kaspersky now. Best of luck!

Mario

Edith van der Have
Edith van der Have
Netherlands
Member (2016)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Avira... Apr 21, 2017

... and it indeed caused problems. As the DVX helpdesk wrote: "Some antiviruses inspect information packets sent or received by applications running in your computer. The activation component in DVX3 detects this, interprets it as evidence of tampering, and shuts down. That's why the activation does not actually happen." I know now that restarting in Safe Mode (which disables/does not start the virus scanner) is sufficient to evade this problem in the future.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reactivation with DVX3 Professional key results in Free version

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »