Is anyone using a ScanSnap SV600?
Thread poster: 2nl (X)
2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:40
Nov 19, 2015

After seeing a video about the Fujitsu Image Scanner ScanSnap SV600 I was very impressed:

http://origin.pfultd.com/downloads/IMAGE/video/sv600-j01-w512a_mp4.mp4

Is anyone using this book scanner, e.g. to scan dictionaries?
... See more
After seeing a video about the Fujitsu Image Scanner ScanSnap SV600 I was very impressed:

http://origin.pfultd.com/downloads/IMAGE/video/sv600-j01-w512a_mp4.mp4

[Edited at 2015-11-19 20:21 GMT]
Collapse

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:40
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Nov 19, 2015

[Edited at 2015-11-19 21:59 GMT]

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:40
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
How flat can you get it? Nov 19, 2015

2nl wrote:

No, but thanks for pointing this out - it's an interesting piece of kit. Not cheap. I have been using a ScanSnap S1300 for several years now and when used in combination with Evernote it's been tremendously useful, much more than my flatbed (which I hardly ever haul out of its drawer). If the SV600 is as well implemented as the S1300 and you need that sort of scanner I'd say go for it!

One point I would make about all scanners is that with larger/thicker books the problem of pages not lying flat is a significant one, for flatbeds and presumably for the SV600 also.

Dan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is anyone using a ScanSnap SV600?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »