Thread poster: DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 10, 2016

Dear colleagues,

There's a 500+ pages accompanying handwriting scanned as PDF with huge gaps between some paragraphs and chapters: for instance, often there're less than ten (10) sentences at a page, which seems a little wasting.

I would like to become familiar with a HARDCOPY of the document, so I could amend and re-structure it as needed, that's why I exported it as PNG images, but after processing some 20 pages (which turned to six full pages) it became really anno
... See more
Dear colleagues,

There's a 500+ pages accompanying handwriting scanned as PDF with huge gaps between some paragraphs and chapters: for instance, often there're less than ten (10) sentences at a page, which seems a little wasting.

I would like to become familiar with a HARDCOPY of the document, so I could amend and re-structure it as needed, that's why I exported it as PNG images, but after processing some 20 pages (which turned to six full pages) it became really annoying to consecutively cut-paste-move almost ad infinitum; rather exhaustive.

Is there's a better way you may know?
Shortly, I would like to delete excessive white spaces and have a printer-friendly version, no original pagination required.

TY
Collapse

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
uber-technical or not? Mar 13, 2016

I don't think I'm the first and the only to encounter such a task, so:
Are there any markers/delimiters to ignore page-breaks for a printer-job/layout?
As far as OCR is not an option, then, perhaps, a virtual printer could do for non-text streaming.

Now 97 pages processed via routine 'copy-paste-move,' feel a bit dizzy; and some 420 pages to go.
God bless you too)

TY

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Re-format PDF exported as images

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »