Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:38
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
all files now on GitHub! Mar 21, 2015

Heartsome put everything on GitHub, so there is no longer any need to download them from OneDrive/Dropbox, etc.

See: https://github.com/heartsome

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 19:38
Is anyone actually still using Heartsome? Jul 29, 2016

Is anyone actually still using Heartsome? If so, are there any recent developments in this software, now that it has gone open source?

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I use it daily! Jul 29, 2016

And no, as far as I know, it hasn't changed at all. Haven't checked the github site though, so maybe someone is working on it. As I always say, I think it would be a hell of a lot more useful if the Okapi crew did some work on Olifant rather than on all their other crap I am totally uninterested in. But they seem intent on nerding around with XLIFF, QA, conversion pipes, etc. Oh well.

Michael

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 19:38
As a CAT tool? Jul 29, 2016

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer wrote:

And no, as far as I know, it hasn't changed at all. Haven't checked the github site though, so maybe someone is working on it. As I always say, I think it would be a hell of a lot more useful if the Okapi crew did some work on Olifant rather than on all their other crap I am totally uninterested in. But they seem intent on nerding around with XLIFF, QA, conversion pipes, etc. Oh well.

Michael

As a CAT tool? Or as a TMX editor/front end?

And by "daily" you mean, each and every day? On Sundays too? And don't you ever take a holiday?

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
:-) Jul 29, 2016

CafeTran Training wrote:

Michael

As a CAT tool? Or as a TMX editor/front end?

And by "daily" you mean, each and every day? On Sundays too? And don't you ever take a holiday?

Yeah, I meant the TMX editor. Have never used their CAT tool.

Yes, sadly, daily means each and every day for me these days

Michael

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:38
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
No development Jul 29, 2016

As GitHub shows, both TMX Editor and Translation Studio have been forked several times. However, only one fork of TMX Editor was somewhat developed (3 commits a year ago or so).

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:38
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Okapi Olifant Jul 29, 2016

…if the Okapi crew did some work on Olifant…

There is no “crew”. Okapi tools are developed by free software enthusiasts. If you are so much interested in Olifant, consider:
a) learning to program and hacking the code, or
b) sponsoring the development.

And, by the way, Olifant is still being developed, although quite slowly. The latest snapshot is labeled as alpha though (the 64-bit build did not work for me, but the 32-bit one seems fine, but I did not test extensively).

[Edited at 2016-07-29 11:49 GMT]

Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried it, found not suitable for everyday use Jul 29, 2016

I tried it (the CAT tool) and saw my productivity fall significantly — not because of unfamiliarity but due to some bugs and lacking features. I don't remember the specifics, it was I believe more than a year ago.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Heartsome Ceases Operation, Goes Open Source

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »