[SOLVED] TMX Editor 8.0: error when opening program (and doesn't run)
Thread poster: MikeTrans
MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 12:01
Italian to German
+ ...
Jan 31, 2017

Hello,
I have been using the TMX editor for awhile, it also worked after I have installed the newest Java 8 x64 needed for another program. But all of a sudden, the TMX editor will refuse to launch with this error:

"An error occurred when the program is running. Please try the following solution:
1. Re-install the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.6 or later;
2. Re-extract package that you have downloaded.
If the problem still persists, please provide log file
... See more
Hello,
I have been using the TMX editor for awhile, it also worked after I have installed the newest Java 8 x64 needed for another program. But all of a sudden, the TMX editor will refuse to launch with this error:

"An error occurred when the program is running. Please try the following solution:
1. Re-install the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.6 or later;
2. Re-extract package that you have downloaded.
If the problem still persists, please provide log files..."

Re-extracting the zip content of the GitHub download didn't help. I went in the Java Panel and pointed to the Java in the Hearsome folder, it is added to the list and activated. But still I get the error and cannot launch.

Any ideas for solving this?
Thanks very much for a feedback!

Mike

[Edited at 2017-01-31 01:07 GMT]
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved... Jan 31, 2017

the problem was that I have installed an old CAT tool (Fusion 2006) which caused ALL my programs that are using Java to not start anymore and cause error messages, including Heartsome TMX 8.0. Deinstalling the said program resolved the situation.
But I wonder how this is this possible? How can Java get messed up by a single program ?!

Whatsoever, situation solved.
Mike

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Java version problems Jan 31, 2017

MikeTrans wrote:

the problem was that I have installed an old CAT tool (Fusion 2006) which caused ALL my programs that are using Java to not start anymore and cause error messages, including Heartsome TMX 8.0. Deinstalling the said program resolved the situation.
But I wonder how this is this possible? How can Java get messed up by a single program ?!

Whatsoever, situation solved.
Mike

These problems with different versions of Java can be quite frustrating indeed.

BTW: Did you know that 'the other program' that you mention, is a very powerful TMX editor too? Including QA (spell checking, etc.) and advanced Find and Replace.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:01
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Quite possible Jan 31, 2017

MikeTrans wrote:

Java can’t get messed by a single program. However, when you install some program, it may cause installation of a particular JRE making it the default JRE in the system, and this default JRE may not be good (i. e. up-to-date) for other programs. Note that you can have several JREs on your machine or even have a particular JRE for a particular program (for example, OmegaT can be downloaded bundled with a JRE and run using this JRE without bothering about the one installed (or not) in the system).

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

[SOLVED] TMX Editor 8.0: error when opening program (and doesn't run)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »