Community Interpreting level 3 course for Cantonese
Thread poster: Lingo14
Lingo14
Lingo14
United Kingdom
Feb 21, 2017

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a Community Interpreting Course for Cantonese?

I was born in Hong-Kong and moved to the UK when I was 7 years old. I have always spoken Cantonese to my parents since they don't speak English and have translated for them at supermarkets, doctors, solicitors, accountants so I would say I know quite a few 'community terms' already. The downside is that my written Cantonese is very poor since I only went to Chinese school for a few yea
... See more
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a Community Interpreting Course for Cantonese?

I was born in Hong-Kong and moved to the UK when I was 7 years old. I have always spoken Cantonese to my parents since they don't speak English and have translated for them at supermarkets, doctors, solicitors, accountants so I would say I know quite a few 'community terms' already. The downside is that my written Cantonese is very poor since I only went to Chinese school for a few years. However, my spoken Cantonese and English is very good.

I would like to go into interpreting and was wondering what standard do I need to be at in order to work in this environment? I have found from this forum that there is a CIC Level 3 qualification that you can study for, but I can't seem to find one for Cantonese!

Any advice/help will be appreciated!

Ling.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Community Interpreting level 3 course for Cantonese

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »