memoQ support/ shared term base and translation memory
Thread poster: Lucy Jones
Lucy Jones
Lucy Jones
Local time: 18:51
German to English
Mar 22, 2017

Hello,
Please accept my apologies for not being technically proficient in the terminology of memo Q: I'll try and explain the problem I'm having very simply.
A colleague and I are working together on a project using memo Q. We have successfully shared a term base and translation memory via Language Terminal and are adding terms as we go along. However, the terms do not seem to be getting added automatically to the term base even though we are logged on to Language Terminal as we work
... See more
Hello,
Please accept my apologies for not being technically proficient in the terminology of memo Q: I'll try and explain the problem I'm having very simply.
A colleague and I are working together on a project using memo Q. We have successfully shared a term base and translation memory via Language Terminal and are adding terms as we go along. However, the terms do not seem to be getting added automatically to the term base even though we are logged on to Language Terminal as we work.
Do I have to export terms? This seems to be rather pointless, because we need to be able to share the terms AS WE GO, rather than finishing the job and then having to export terms. I thought the whole point of a shared term base what that we ensured consistency as we work, not at the end.
I would be hugely grateful for any help.
Thank you.
Collapse

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 19:51
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Language terminal Mar 23, 2017

You need to make sure you're logged in the language terminal in the memoQ. Then open your project, go to Term base pane, select language terminal account on the ribbon and make sure the remote shared term base appears in the list of the term bases. Tick it to make it the primary term base for the project and terms will be added as you translate.

Follow the similar procedure for the shared TM.

Lucy Jones
Lucy Jones
Local time: 18:51
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problems staying logged on Mar 23, 2017

Thank you very much for your answer, Andriy.
We managed to make progress by doing this. We log on and work on the project, and it works well - for a while. However, when I check under Project home>Tanslation memories / Term Bases, the drop-down menu says I am only using my local TM, ( 'My computer' is ticked rather 'Language Terminal') even though the Internet is working and I a logged onto the Language Terminal. I keep getting kiked out, effectively. Is there any way to ensure that this d
... See more
Thank you very much for your answer, Andriy.
We managed to make progress by doing this. We log on and work on the project, and it works well - for a while. However, when I check under Project home>Tanslation memories / Term Bases, the drop-down menu says I am only using my local TM, ( 'My computer' is ticked rather 'Language Terminal') even though the Internet is working and I a logged onto the Language Terminal. I keep getting kiked out, effectively. Is there any way to ensure that this doesn't happen? (I'm suspecting it's more of an Internet issue at this stage than anything else.)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ support/ shared term base and translation memory

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »