Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]
Agency delaying payment - What can I do?
Thread poster: S_G_C
S_G_C
S_G_C
Romania
Local time: 14:50
English to Romanian
TOPIC STARTER
Accusations, but not accusing the agency Jul 24, 2017

Yeah, well, I honestly didn't know that money sent internationally is processed by several in-between banks. It took me three phone calls with my bank to manage to get all the information needed. If I look through my correspondence with the agency, they didn't know it either. I believe I've said this before, in Romania, you have to struggle more to find all the relevant details - more phone calls, more meetings, more specific questions asked by bank clients and so on. I haven't yet managed to fi... See more
Yeah, well, I honestly didn't know that money sent internationally is processed by several in-between banks. It took me three phone calls with my bank to manage to get all the information needed. If I look through my correspondence with the agency, they didn't know it either. I believe I've said this before, in Romania, you have to struggle more to find all the relevant details - more phone calls, more meetings, more specific questions asked by bank clients and so on. I haven't yet managed to find a bank to satisfy me completely.

Clarisa said:

I always tell young translators that when you are translating for a foreign country, a 100 USD invoice will never be 100 USD in their hands: a certain amount is lost.

In Romania, you don't have to translate for a foreign country to lose some money. You don't even have to translate or provide any other service, you may well be natural persons. You don't even have to work with different banks - you and the agency/the other natural person may well be working with the same bank. And you may still lose money.

[Edited at 2017-07-24 11:31 GMT]
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:50
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Nothing to do with where or what you post Jul 24, 2017

Sorana_M. wrote:
The "Money matters" section is full of loud and public fusses. I don't get it, we aren't supposed to express such concerns, lest we might lose our clients?

It's because you are a registered user (rather than a paying member) and you haven't had your identity verified. See here: http://www.proz.com/faq/3064#3064

I do agree that your manner of writing is confrontational and even quite aggressive at times, and this is unlikely to be winning you any popularity contests with clients. It might be better to assume that things are more complicated than they seem, or that you've maybe misunderstood something, rather than jumping to conclusions and throwing accusations around, at least until you've done some thorough research.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agency delaying payment - What can I do?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »