philippe drevet
philippe drevet  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 02:30
English to French
+ ...
Oct 29, 2014

Hello

I would like to open in OmegaT a translation saved in Xliff format in MemoQ (mqxlz).

Is there any solution to open in OmegaT a bilingual file from another Cat tool?

Thanks

Best regards
Philippe Drevet

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:00
Russian to English
+ ...
See yahoo group archives Oct 29, 2014

I don't know the answer, since I never deal with these files, but if nobody else answers you here, these questions have been discussed at great length on the Yahoo users' group,
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/OmegaT/conversations/messages

I'm sure it can be done, somehow or other.

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:00
English to French
+ ...
Okapi Filters Plugin for OmegaT Oct 29, 2014

drevetph wrote:
I would like to open in OmegaT a translation saved in Xliff format in MemoQ (mqxlz).

Is there any solution to open in OmegaT a bilingual file from another Cat tool?

For XLIFF files with existing translations, you can use the Okapi Filters Plugin for OmegaT:
http://www.opentag.com/okapi/wiki/index.php?title=Okapi_Filters_Plugin_for_OmegaT

You will perhaps need to add the .mqxlz extension to the filter (Options > File Filters).

Didier

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:00
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Unzip it, and use at own risk Oct 29, 2014

drevetph wrote:

As far as I know, that file is a zip file. OmegaT doesn't unzip zipped files -- you have to do that yourself. I've never had such a file, so I don't know what's in it, but presumably there will be a MQXLIFF file.

Use the Okapi filters in OmegaT, but remember that translating XLF files in OmegaT is risky if you don't have the file's own program installed to verify that the file still works.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:00
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
No problem Oct 29, 2014

I've successfully performed several jobs with XLIFF files generated by memoQ. However, using the Okapi plugin resulted in a file that the client could not import back to memoQ.

[Edited at 2014-10-29 18:22 GMT]

msoutopico
msoutopico  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 21:00
English to Galician
+ ...
fix or tm Feb 26, 2016

I've had those issues too. However, I could easily fix them by editing the files in a text editor. If not, I guess the TM from OmegaT can be imported in memoQ to pre-translate everything, if another layer of segementation has not been used in OmegaT to further segment mqxliff files.

No need to unzip the mqxlz. As Samuel says, memoQ allows to export a memoq-custom XLIFF bilingual file that has extension mqxliff.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How to open a bilingual Xliff file from Memoq in OmegaT

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »