Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Powwow: Boston - United States

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Boston - United States".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Sybil Gilchrist
Sybil Gilchrist  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:39
French to English
Location for Powwow Mar 9, 2017

I am flexible and can meet at the school or the cafe. I need to know the time.

Sabine Voigt
Sabine Voigt  Identity Verified
United States
English to German
+ ...
Boston Powwow Mar 9, 2017

I am planning to be there on Saturday. See you at Caffe Nero at 1pm. Thanks so much, Peipei, for organizing!!!

pkchan
pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Mar 9, 2017

[Edited at 2017-03-10 02:05 GMT]

Katie Morrissey
Katie Morrissey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:39
German to English
+ ...
Hoping to be there! Mar 9, 2017

I'm still hoping my baby's going to let me come! She's only 2 weeks old so I'll have to see how she is on the day but I'm going to try my best to come along for an hour or so. Cafe Nero at 1pm sounds good to me. Thanks again Peipei!

Peipei Xiang
Peipei Xiang  Identity Verified
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Boston Powwow Mar 10, 2017

See you there!

Sabine Voigt wrote:

I am planning to be there on Saturday. See you at Caffe Nero at 1pm. Thanks so much, Peipei, for organizing!!!

Peipei Xiang
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Hoping to be there! Mar 10, 2017

Hope you can make it! If not, perhaps next time!

Katie Morrissey wrote:

I'm still hoping my baby's going to let me come! She's only 2 weeks old so I'll have to see how she is on the day but I'm going to try my best to come along for an hour or so. Cafe Nero at 1pm sounds good to me. Thanks again Peipei!

Elettral
Elettral
United States
English to Italian
Looking forward to powwow Mar 10, 2017

Hi everyone, can wait to meet you on Saturday at Cafe nero!

Nicolas Large
Nicolas Large  Identity Verified
Member (2010)
English
Tomorrow Mar 10, 2017

Hi Peipei, et al, I will be there (sorry for late confirmation, had to see how my week unfolded first)! Looking forward to chatting
with some other language professionals in the biz.

One thing though I thought of: Cafe Nero is quite a popular/busy place, that whole area is on Saturdays
due to the Theatre crowds. If we're having more than a handful of people, just showing up to find a place to sit down will probably be difficult. Are you reserving an area there beforehand?
... See more
Hi Peipei, et al, I will be there (sorry for late confirmation, had to see how my week unfolded first)! Looking forward to chatting

One thing though I thought of: Cafe Nero is quite a popular/busy place, that whole area is on Saturdays
due to the Theatre crowds. If we're having more than a handful of people, just showing up to find a place to sit down will probably be difficult. Are you reserving an area there beforehand? If not, I would suggest showing up earlier. There is also Boston Common Coffee up the street as a second option too. But same deal, can be very crowded.
Collapse

Peipei Xiang
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Tomorrow Mar 10, 2017

Hi Nicolas,

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. The coffee shop doesn't take reservations. So we'll have to try our luck tomorrow. I'll try to get there a little earlier. I don't think it'll be a big group, so hopefully it'll be okay.

Nicolas Large wrote:

due to the Theatre crowds. If we're having more than a handful of people, just showing up to find a place to sit down will probably be difficult. Are you reserving an area there beforehand? If not, I would suggest showing up earlier. There is also Boston Common Coffee up the street as a second option too. But same deal, can be very crowded.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Boston - United States

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »