Quality assurance with .rtf files
Thread poster: Hew
Hew
Hew
United Kingdom
English to French
Feb 13, 2016

Folks!

I have to proofread 12 long files in .rtf type and I would like to run a QA to check for inconsistencies.
I know how to do when the files come in trados format.
In this case, each rtf files displays source and target segments in 2 columns, so it would be hard job to extract, align the files, open them in trados and run QA checker!
I wonder if there is an easy way to run a QA in my case.

Thanks!

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:19
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
questions Feb 13, 2016

Hew wrote:

Folks!

I have to proofread 12 long files in .rtf type and I would like to run a QA to check for inconsistencies.
I know how to do when the files come in trados format.
In this case, each rtf files displays source and target segments in 2 columns, so it would be hard job to extract, align the files, open them in trados and run QA checker!

Thanks!

What kind of RTF files do you have? Sounds like you have memoQ RTF files, in which case you could QA them in Xbench.

Also, when you say "run a QA to check for inconsistencies", what exactly do you mean? In what program would you do this?

Michael

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 06:19
English to Thai
+ ...
Excel bilingual, tab delimited or CSV file Feb 14, 2016

Hew wrote:

I understand that you have a bilingual RTF file to check for consistency and QA. Please read the Trados Help regarding the files in my topic heading. It explains how to treat these particular file formats smartly.

Soonthon L.

Hew
Hew
United Kingdom
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
QA with .rtf files Feb 14, 2016

Problem solved.
I created a new project in MemoQ and ran a QA very quickly!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quality assurance with .rtf files

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »