Thread poster: Tracy Miyake
Tracy Miyake
Tracy Miyake  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:23
Member (2014)
Portuguese to English
Jul 1, 2016

I am conducting a market survey of professionals revising English in Brazil, or revising English written or translated by Brazilians abroad. I hope to find out more about who is working in this field, professional background, satisfaction, methods, and networking.
I also am asking clients about their satisfaction, how they find revisors, and why they hire them, among other questions. I am working with a small group of revisors and will present our findings at the Proz Brazilian Conference
... See more
I am conducting a market survey of professionals revising English in Brazil, or revising English written or translated by Brazilians abroad. I hope to find out more about who is working in this field, professional background, satisfaction, methods, and networking.
I also am asking clients about their satisfaction, how they find revisors, and why they hire them, among other questions. I am working with a small group of revisors and will present our findings at the Proz Brazilian Conference in September, and will provide a link to the report to anyone who asks.

The survey for revisors should take from 5 to 10 minutes to fill out, and we do not ask for email addresses or any identifying information. An email address is provided for feedback or questions.
Survey for revisors (in English) is at http://goo.gl/forms/rmDvx9O6Z7mSEhgz2

THANK YOU and I look forward to sharing what we find!

And if you have clients who might be interested in participating, the survey for clients (in Portuguese) is at
http://goo.gl/forms/xZy8mLXfQuCb1xCb2

[Edited at 2016-07-01 20:26 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

survey on English revision/editing/proofreading in Brazil

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »