Videos in the Library not loading
Thread poster: shmc
shmc
shmc
Brazil
English to Portuguese
Jun 19, 2017

I'm a plus subscriber, and today I have tried watching the videos on both chrome and firefox, but the area where the video should be is blank. Then I tried watching from my phone, and the difference is that the video preview image does show up, but when I click 'press anywhere to play', I get a 404 error. All the videos seem to be unplayable at the moment. Is the staff aware of this issue?

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 15:56
SITE STAFF
Can you put in a support request with the details? Jun 19, 2017

Hi shmc,

I don't see any problems over in the video library at the moment-- I did have to make sure Flash was enabled in my browser to view the videos, though. Could you put in a support request at http://www.proz.com/support so that the support team can troubleshoot the issue? If you can include screenshots of what you see (or don't see) that will be helpful too. Thanks!

shmc
shmc
Brazil
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
Everything is mysteriously fine now (Patience really is a virtue I should learn) Jun 19, 2017

Hey Jared,

Strangely, everything seems to be in working order, both on my phone and on my laptop. I had checked before posting here and Flash was enabled and updated, and videos on other websites had no playback issues. I did manage to get a screenshot of the 404 error page on my phone, so if the problem arises again, I will contact support to find out what could be the cause (Sometimes the best way to solve internet problems is to ignore them, they may fix themselves in a few hour
... See more
Hey Jared,

Strangely, everything seems to be in working order, both on my phone and on my laptop. I had checked before posting here and Flash was enabled and updated, and videos on other websites had no playback issues. I did manage to get a screenshot of the 404 error page on my phone, so if the problem arises again, I will contact support to find out what could be the cause (Sometimes the best way to solve internet problems is to ignore them, they may fix themselves in a few hours.). Thanks for replying!
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 15:56
SITE STAFF
Good to hear Jun 19, 2017

shmc wrote:

Hey Jared,

Strangely, everything seems to be in working order, both on my phone and on my laptop. I had checked before posting here and Flash was enabled and updated, and videos on other websites had no playback issues. I did manage to get a screenshot of the 404 error page on my phone, so if the problem arises again, I will contact support to find out what could be the cause (Sometimes the best way to solve internet problems is to ignore them, they may fix themselves in a few hours.). Thanks for replying!

Good to hear you are able to view them now! If you do have further problems, don't hesitate to contact the support team.

Best regards,

Jared

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Videos in the Library not loading

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »