Anyone had/have problems with getting logged out automatically from proz (without you logging out)?
Thread poster: Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 19:57
English to Hungarian
+ ...
May 31, 2017

Today I got logged out 2 times from proz.com without me logging out. There are websites where you get logged out automatically after a specific time but proz was not such a site. Has this feature changed?

In another thread another member also experienced this weird behavior:

... See more
Today I got logged out 2 times from proz.com without me logging out. There are websites where you get logged out automatically after a specific time but proz was not such a site. Has this feature changed?

In another thread another member also experienced this weird behavior:

http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_bugs/315332-required_to_log_in_every_session.html

Anyone else had such experiences recently on the site?

Katalin
Collapse

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Don't know May 31, 2017

I never log out.

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's what I'm saying :) May 31, 2017

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

I never log out.

Hi Robert,

That's exactly what I'm saying: I didn't log out. I kept logging out automatically (2 times) without me doing anything.

Best regards,
Katalin

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Aha May 31, 2017

Sorry, misunderstood you, but still don't know.

Andrea Halbritter
Andrea Halbritter  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
No May 31, 2017

No

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 14:57
SITE STAFF
The support team can probably troubleshoot that with more information May 31, 2017

Hi Katalin,

This may be something with your browser, or not, it is difficult to say without further details. Can I ask you to submit a support request over at http://www.proz.com/support ? Be sure to tell the support team the browser + version you were on when this happened, and any other relevant information, so that they can properly troubleshoot the issue. Thanks!

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Support ticket sent Jun 1, 2017

Jared Tabor wrote:

Hi Katalin,

This may be something with your browser, or not, it is difficult to say without further details. Can I ask you to submit a support request over at http://www.proz.com/support ? Be sure to tell the support team the browser + version you were on when this happened, and any other relevant information, so that they can properly troubleshoot the issue. Thanks!

Thank you, Jared. I sent a support ticket concerning this issue.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 20:57
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
My fault Jun 2, 2017

Hello Katalin, in my case I found out I had accidentally (stupidly) forbidden the saving of cookies. So nothing has changed really at Proz.com.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone had/have problems with getting logged out automatically from proz (without you logging out)?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »