Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:55
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Apr 12, 2016

Dear members,

If you own or represent a translation company, then the ProZ.com corporate membership will give you all relevant ProZ.com professional membership features, such as unlimited Blue Board access, plus several other tools and opportunities exclusive to corporate members that keep evolving based on the requests from other companies like yours.

Among them:

• Your company's profile will be better positioned in the corporate directory, thus improving ... See more
Dear members,

If you own or represent a translation company, then the ProZ.com corporate membership will give you all relevant ProZ.com professional membership features, such as unlimited Blue Board access, plus several other tools and opportunities exclusive to corporate members that keep evolving based on the requests from other companies like yours.

Among them:

• Your company's profile will be better positioned in the corporate directory, thus improving your chances of being found by clients.

• The corporate member badge will be displayed in your profile and all your actions on ProZ.com. This has been reported by many corporate members as a tool to increase credibility and trust among service providers and clients.

• You will be given the opportunity to set up your own online "translation center", where projects can be managed in a simple manner, tasks are assigned/claimed, and all of the communication and financial info around a job is accessible in one place.

• You will have access to Connect, including the posting of premium jobs and a vendor management tool.

• You can designate other ProZ.com profiles as employees, and the link to your company profile and associated Blue Board record will be displayed in the 'Affiliations' area of these profiles. Also, when an employee profile posts a job on behalf of your company, the vetting process is greatly streamlined.

A new benefit has just been implemented: if you are a corporate member of ProZ.com and receive a non-payment report on your company’s Blue Board record, then you will be notified by site staff via email before that entry is made publicly visible.

If the entry is not in line with the rules for leaving Blue Board feedback or if the non-payment report is no longer valid, then you will be given the opportunity to provide the relevant correspondence to prove this.

Please note that the Blue Board rules will not change. The only difference is that non-payment entries for corporate members that are not in line with site rules will not become visible to the public.

Further benefits for corporate members are being planned or implemented. Also, a survey is being conducted in order to let us learn new ways of providing value for our corporate members. If you did not participate yet, please consider doing so in order to share your needs and concerns.

Thank you!
Enrique Cavalitto
Collapse

Georgie Scott
Georgie Scott  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:55
French to English
+ ...
Clarification Apr 12, 2016

Hi Enrique,

I wondered if I've understood this correctly: if a corporate member refuses payment or is late with payment and a comment is made about this on the Blue Board, if said corporate member then pays said translator, this comment will not be displayed, regardless of the fact that it was late and only made after the negative Blue Board feedback was submitted?

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Rules do not change Apr 12, 2016

Hello Georgie,

In the scenario you present, the translator would still be able to post an LWA feedback entry as usual.

Keep in mind that all LWA feedback entries are vetted before being made visible, whether they are positive or negative. This is done to make sure the entries are in line with site rules.

This change in policy only makes it possible for corporate members to contest an entry before it is made visible. If an entry is not contested after a limi
... See more
Hello Georgie,

In the scenario you present, the translator would still be able to post an LWA feedback entry as usual.

Keep in mind that all LWA feedback entries are vetted before being made visible, whether they are positive or negative. This is done to make sure the entries are in line with site rules.

This change in policy only makes it possible for corporate members to contest an entry before it is made visible. If an entry is not contested after a limited amount of time, it will be made visible.

In the scenario you describe, the translator will still be able to post a LWA entry, but if the non-payment report was solved, then it will not become visible to the community. In fact it will be as invisible as any solved non-payment report.

Hope this explains! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Collapse

Anton Konashenok
Anton Konashenok  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
French to English
+ ...
What do you mean by "invisible as any solved non-payment report"? Apr 12, 2016

Either I am misunderstanding something, or there has been a silent change in the rules. The Blue Board is not a debt collection facility, and a failure to pay on time still remains one even after a belated payment. So, if the outsourcer finally paid, but paid late, it should be reflected in BB and visible to everyone. I would understand a change of "did not pay at all" to "paid late", but completely removing this report from the public view is totally wrong.

Geoffrey Black
Erzsébet Czopyk

Georgie Scott
France
French to English
+ ...
Non-payment vs late payment Apr 12, 2016

Hi Enrique,

Thanks for your answer and I'm sorry to digress from the main topic. I can see this is nothing new, I just didn't realize that was the procedure before.

I think I'm still confused about the difference between non-payment and late payment, however.

Please excuse my ignorance of the correct terms, I'll try to use the right ones but I'm essentially asking the same thing as Anton.

How would the following situation play out:

... See more
Hi Enrique,

Thanks for your answer and I'm sorry to digress from the main topic. I can see this is nothing new, I just didn't realize that was the procedure before.

I think I'm still confused about the difference between non-payment and late payment, however.

Please excuse my ignorance of the correct terms, I'll try to use the right ones but I'm essentially asking the same thing as Anton.

How would the following situation play out:

A translator gives a low rating on the Blue Board on 01.01.2016 and comments "Payment still not received as of 01.01.2016; payment was due on 01.07.2015."

The outsourcer is notified and on 05.01.2016 they pay the translator and send proof to Proz that the amount on the invoice has been paid in full.

Would the translator's original comment ever be made visible? Would their low rating ever be made visible?

If the answer is that they would not be made visible and the translator then made a second attempt to give feedback, providing a low rating and commenting "On 01.01.2016 payment had still not been received; payment was due on 01.07.2015", would this second comment ever be made visible?

[Edited at 2016-04-12 15:50 GMT]
Collapse

Georgie Scott
France
French to English
+ ...
Time to contest Apr 12, 2016

Also, out of interest, how long exactly do outsourcers have to respond to the notification before it is automatically made visible?

Andrea Muller (X)
Andrea Muller (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:55
English to German
+ ...
Meaning of 'solved non-payment' Apr 12, 2016

Like Anton, I would also like to know the meaning of 'solved non-payment report'.

Does this mean that the non-payment report was wrong, i.e. the translator had actually already been paid by the time they want to make their Blue Board entry, but somehow failed to spot that the payment had reached their account?

Or does it also cover situations when the translator was only paid after they tried to make a Blue Board entry? If that is the case, would this not be a signifi
... See more
Like Anton, I would also like to know the meaning of 'solved non-payment report'.

Does this mean that the non-payment report was wrong, i.e. the translator had actually already been paid by the time they want to make their Blue Board entry, but somehow failed to spot that the payment had reached their account?

Or does it also cover situations when the translator was only paid after they tried to make a Blue Board entry? If that is the case, would this not be a significant change to the current policy, which seems to (rightly) allow entries like 'paid 6 months late only after making a Blue Board entry.
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Non-payment reports represent only active non-payments Apr 12, 2016

Hello,

I'm sorry, it looks like a clarification of the terms used is necessary to better explain this policy.

All entries on Blue Board records are LWA feedback entries. These express the likelihood of a service provider to work again with a specific outsourcer. These can be positive or negative, and express the opinion of the service provider.

When a negative entry is made (with a numeric value of 1 or 2), the service provider is given the option to open
... See more
Hello,

I'm sorry, it looks like a clarification of the terms used is necessary to better explain this policy.

All entries on Blue Board records are LWA feedback entries. These express the likelihood of a service provider to work again with a specific outsourcer. These can be positive or negative, and express the opinion of the service provider.

When a negative entry is made (with a numeric value of 1 or 2), the service provider is given the option to open a non-payment report to go with their entry. This report is visible to site staff and the owner of the Blue Board record. These reports are used to enforce the ProZ.com termination policy.

Now, these reports are closed once payment has been made. They only represent active non-payments. When service providers are paid after they posted a feedback entry with a non-payment report, site staff closes the non-payment report and asks the service provider to submit a new entry to make it clear that they have been paid. This is done to ensure all entries are truthful. Of course, these new entries can state that payment was made late, or only after posting on the Blue Board, and can have a low numerical value.

As per the new vetting policy, only entries that include a non-payment report would be held for checking with the outsourcer. This is done mainly to weed out errant entries made by service providers who did not work with that outsourcer, service providers who did not deliver as scheduled (either late delivery or raising quality complaints), and payment delays caused by oversight or misunderstandings. These occur every day, and are quickly sorted out by site staff. Extending the vetting period while getting in touch with both the outsourcer and the service provider will give us a chance to resolve this without ever making those entries public.

Let's apply these principles to this scenario
A translator gives a low rating on the Blue Board on 01.01.2016 and comments "Payment still not received as of 01.01.2016; payment was due on 01.07.2015."

The outsourcer is notified and on 05.01.2016 they pay the translator and send proof to Proz that the amount on the invoice has been paid in full.

Would the translator's original comment ever be made visible? Would their low rating ever be made visible?

If the answer is that they would not be made visible and the translator then made a second attempt to give feedback, providing a low rating and commenting "On 01.01.2016 payment had still not been received; payment was due on 01.07.2015", would this second comment ever be made visible?

Let's assume the translator made a non-payment report along with her entry. That would trigger an extended vetting period. If the non-payment is resolved within 2 days as a result of the outsourcer being notified of the entry, the entry would not be made visible. If it were made visible, it would give the wrong impression on what actually took place. However, the translator has the right to make a new entry stating that she was paid 5 months late, and only after posting on the Blue Board about it.

Alternatively, if the outsourcer is contacted and does not contest this hypothetical entry within 2 days, it will be made visible.

I hope this explains! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Geoffrey Black

Georgie Scott
France
French to English
+ ...
Clears it up for me Apr 12, 2016

Thanks. Having never had to post negative feedback, I didn't know what a "non-payment report" was and thought it referred to the reporting of failure to pay in the LWA entry.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Corporate membership: new Blue Board policy plus ongoing survey

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »