Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]
New choices in membership, and the largest ProZ.com campaign to date: "The Open Road"
Thread poster: Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 18:59
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Plus is not necessarily for everyone Nov 15, 2016

Bruno Depascale wrote:

Hi,
I have read every single post in this discussion and still haven't any clue about the new services being offered.
This is simply ridiculous. You cannot start selling empty words that can mean anything like "Advantages in client channels external to ProZ.com", "Basket" of goods and services from ProZ.com partners".
What are we really buying and what are you really selling?
The only thing I have seen is the library of videos.
Moreover, I don't want to be charged automatically on my renewal date

[Edited at 2016-11-15 17:26 GMT]

The Plus package started rolling out today: http://www.proz.com/about-plus-package

It is probably not for everyone. If what you see at the moment doesn't look like something you would be interested in, don't go for it. Some people will wait until most or all of these new services have been rolled out before making a decision either way. Some won't subscribe to Plus at all. Initially, over 1,000 people pre-registered for it.

Both automatic and manual renewals are available (you can switch to a manual renewal under Payment methods in checkout), and automatic subscriptions can be stopped or started at any time at http://www.proz.com/manage-membership ("Manage membership" in the menu that appears when you mouse over your name at the top of the site).

PRAKASH SHARMA
PRAKASH SHARMA  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 03:29
English to Hindi
+ ...
Payment of US$120 jumped to US$130 today Nov 21, 2016

Instead of paying US$108, I am asked to pay US$130 today.

Automatic subscription is never a good choice for a customer. But you are asking for more if I opt for manual subscription despite of the fact that I want to manually subscribe it each and every year. And, I had been doing so since numerous years now. Request you not to discourage this practice.

Thanks!

David McFegan
David McFegan  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 22:59
Hungarian to English
+ ...
Proz 50% price increase for what? Mar 30, 2017

I've been a (partial) member of proz since 2008 and my membership expires again in the next few days. Last year my partial membership was 80 USD and I'm now being asked to pay 120 (minus 1 dollar discount) for no extra services, plus a 10 dollar surcharge because I don't want automatic membership renewal.

Am seriously considering not renewing, though I would be very sad to leave. There doesn't seem to be any reasonable explanation for why partial membership has been abolished?

Kiryl Kurshuk
Kiryl Kurshuk  Identity Verified
Belarus
Local time: 00:59
Member (2008)
English to Belarusian
+ ...
No Partial Membership - unpleasant surprise Aug 28, 2017

david mcfegan wrote:

I've been a (partial) member of proz since 2008 and my membership expires again in the next few days. Last year my partial membership was 80 USD and I'm now being asked to pay 120 (minus 1 dollar discount) for no extra services, plus a 10 dollar surcharge because I don't want automatic membership renewal.

Am seriously considering not renewing, though I would be very sad to leave. There doesn't seem to be any reasonable explanation for why partial membership has been abolished?

I have the same situation. I was happy with Partial Subscription for 80 USD which completely met my needs for many years and now I have to pay 120 USD: 50% increase... Unpleasant surprise from Proz. Not sure this is worthy for me.

Cristiana Sima
Cristiana Sima  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 23:59
English to Romanian
+ ...
Disappointed Aug 29, 2017

I am in the same situation, just got an email to renew my subscription and found out the Partial membership is no longer available... I remember last year it was rather a "hidden" option, but I managed to find it (I didn't renew when it expired, so I had to search for it all over the website after a few months...). Now, I cannot find it anywhere, so, I guess, they removed it completely from their business offers.

Like my peers above, I will not renew my subscription (unless I will f
... See more
I am in the same situation, just got an email to renew my subscription and found out the Partial membership is no longer available... I remember last year it was rather a "hidden" option, but I managed to find it (I didn't renew when it expired, so I had to search for it all over the website after a few months...). Now, I cannot find it anywhere, so, I guess, they removed it completely from their business offers.

Like my peers above, I will not renew my subscription (unless I will feel the need for more clients at some point and will need to start bidding again).

Very disappointed.
Collapse

Chié_JP
Chié_JP
Japan
Local time: 06:59
Member (2013)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Missing partial member here Aug 30, 2017

Like Kiryl and Christiana, I was very comfortable with partial membership.

Now I am a bit surprised that I can not even see current membership terms of expiration!
This is a bit unkind of the administration side.

Kiryl Kurshuk wrote:

david mcfegan wrote:

I have the same situation. I was happy with Partial Subscription for 80 USD which completely met my needs for many years and now I have to pay 120 USD: 50% increase... Unpleasant surprise from Proz. Not sure this is worthy for me.

Cristiana Sima wrote:

Like my peers above, I will not renew my subscription (unless I will feel the need for more clients at some point and will need to start bidding again).

Very disappointed.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New choices in membership, and the largest ProZ.com campaign to date: "The Open Road"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »