Thread poster: Mary Giachetti
Mary Giachetti
Mary Giachetti  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:18
French to Italian
+ ...
Oct 3, 2016

I just received an e-mail from someone called "ALBERT Vigier" who wanted to "apply for the positon of Translator for [my] company". At first I thought he just e-mailed every contact he found indiscriminately and I actually felt sorry for him.
So I EVEN took the time to reply. Actually, the fact that he claimed to have 14 years of experience did strike me, as well as his incorrect way of typing his French NAME/last name... But it's only after a while that I though about searching for his n
... See more
I just received an e-mail from someone called "ALBERT Vigier" who wanted to "apply for the positon of Translator for [my] company". At first I thought he just e-mailed every contact he found indiscriminately and I actually felt sorry for him.
So I EVEN took the time to reply. Actually, the fact that he claimed to have 14 years of experience did strike me, as well as his incorrect way of typing his French NAME/last name... But it's only after a while that I though about searching for his name on the web and it turns out... it's a fake profile: http://www.translator-scammers.com/translator-scammers-directory.htm
Collapse

sailingshoes
sailingshoes
Spanish to English
Why the capitals? Oct 3, 2016

Why is his first name in upper case? Is it VERY IMPORTANT?

Mary Giachetti
Mary Giachetti  Identity Verified
Spain
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Well Oct 3, 2016

It's just a detail. In French they usually type their last name in capitals, not their first name. So I think that'a clear sign that the sender is a scammer who doesn't even speak French.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Another scam e-mail (ALBERT Vigier)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »