Thread poster: Lorena Croci
Lorena Croci
Lorena Croci  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:43
English to Italian
Apr 21, 2017

Hello everybody,
l have a TM with a .tmw extension and I cannot convert it in a .tmx file. With other files like this, I uploaded them in Trados as a normal TM and I converted it automatically, but with this I receive an error message:

The translation memory is not supported:
SDL Trados 2007 file-based tms cannot be migrated because SDL Trados 2007 components cannot be found. Consider re-running the SDL Trados Studio 2014 installer or re-install/repair SDL Trados 2007 an
... See more
Hello everybody,
l have a TM with a .tmw extension and I cannot convert it in a .tmx file. With other files like this, I uploaded them in Trados as a normal TM and I converted it automatically, but with this I receive an error message:

The translation memory is not supported:
SDL Trados 2007 file-based tms cannot be migrated because SDL Trados 2007 components cannot be found. Consider re-running the SDL Trados Studio 2014 installer or re-install/repair SDL Trados 2007 and try again.

Do I really have to re-install Trados 2014 or is there another way to do that?

Thank you,
Lorena
Collapse

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 23:43
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TM Optimizer may help help you Apr 21, 2017

You can download this free aplication from: http://appstore.sdl.com/app/tm-optimizer/347/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Convert .tmw file 2007 in .tmx 2014

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »