Ukraine
Local time: 17:27
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Aug 7, 2017

Dear colleagues,

I have got partly translated bilingual excel file i.e. column A contains the source text, and column B contains the partly translated target text. When I upload the file for translation into Studio 2017 it is supposed to arrange the corresponding cells accordingly into the source and the target columns. But unfortunately it copies both the source, and the target text into two columns. I have already checked the Bilingual excel filter in File types, and everything is
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I have got partly translated bilingual excel file i.e. column A contains the source text, and column B contains the partly translated target text. When I upload the file for translation into Studio 2017 it is supposed to arrange the corresponding cells accordingly into the source and the target columns. But unfortunately it copies both the source, and the target text into two columns. I have already checked the Bilingual excel filter in File types, and everything is correct there. I am really puzzled with it.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 08:27
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Position of filetype Aug 7, 2017

It's working fine for me.

Maybe these suggestions are too obvious, but

a) Did you make sure that the Bilingual Excel filetype appears before any other Excel filetypes in the list?
b) Are you checking the filetype in the appropriate place, i.e. Project Settings or Options?

And finally, one more thing that may be obvious, but don't forget that after making any changes to your filetype settings you will need to delete the file from the project, add it b
... See more

a) Did you make sure that the Bilingual Excel filetype appears before any other Excel filetypes in the list?
b) Are you checking the filetype in the appropriate place, i.e. Project Settings or Options?

And finally, one more thing that may be obvious, but don't forget that after making any changes to your filetype settings you will need to delete the file from the project, add it back and prepare it again for the changes to be applied during the new conversion to SDLXLIFF.
Collapse

Myron Netchypor
Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 17:27
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Nora, Aug 8, 2017

Your suggestions are very helpful, and to the point. I forgot to move the Bilingual Excel filetype before the other Excel types in the list. But after I moved it up (and unticked other Excel types just in case) it worked like a charm.

Thanks once again for your kind help!

Cordially,
Myron

Nora Diaz wrote:

And finally, one more thing that may be obvious, but don't forget that after making any changes to your filetype settings you will need to delete the file from the project, add it back and prepare it again for the changes to be applied during the new conversion to SDLXLIFF.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bilingual excel filter seems does not work properly in Studio 2017

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »