United Kingdom
Local time: 00:01
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
Mar 8, 2016

Hola a todos,

Necesito ayuda!!!

Estoy de alta en Espana (Valencia) desde poco y he contratado un gestor pero ya ha cometido varios errores que no me da mucha confianza! No parece muy cuidadoso.

Pueden recomendar los servicios de alguien?

O ustedes hacen la gestion todo solo ?

Gracias

Nathalie

Álvaro Espantaleón Moreno
Álvaro Espantaleón Moreno  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:01
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
Solo Mar 8, 2016

Los gestores normalmente quieren que les des todo hecho para después no tener más que rellenar los modelos (a veces sin fijarse mucho). Son muy útiles si te sancionan o te requieren algo (para aconsejarte la mejor forma de librarte de la sanción). También están más informados que tú, así que si hay cualquier cambio en la normativa (lo cual es muy habitual en España), ellos están al día mientras que tú no.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
¿Hazlo tu mismo? Mar 8, 2016

No puedo recomendar un gestor, pero encontrar uno malo no es raro. El gestor a mí ha tenido cuatro años para probarlo. Tengo ahora muchas penalidades e impuestos a pagar de estos cuatro años. Mi nuevo gestor me parece muy bien - más caro hoy para gastar menos mañana.

Si no estaba en las Islas Canarias (con sus leyes diferentes), me gustaría ir con el club autóno
... See more
No puedo recomendar un gestor, pero encontrar uno malo no es raro. El gestor a mí ha tenido cuatro años para probarlo. Tengo ahora muchas penalidades e impuestos a pagar de estos cuatro años. Mi nuevo gestor me parece muy bien - más caro hoy para gastar menos mañana.

Si no estaba en las Islas Canarias (con sus leyes diferentes), me gustaría ir con el club autónomos en línea: http://infoautonomos.eleconomista.es/panel-de-control/ . Tener suscripción gratuita ya es útil pero puede tener contratos también (si no está en Canarias).

Hablas español, entonces no encontrarías demasiadas dificultades hacer todo solo porque no es complicado. Sin español, todo es imposible! Perdones mis errores, como siempre.
Collapse

lexical
lexical  Identity Verified
Spain
Portuguese to English
asesor in Valencia Mar 8, 2016

Hi Nathalie,

If you care to contact me privately through my profile I can recommend a reliable 'asesor de empresas' in Valencia (better than a gestor) that I have used happily for several years. Like you, I previously had problems with a simple gestor making mistakes and landing me with fines. As well as me, they have a couple of other freelance translators as clients and understand issues that affect us like Modelo 349 and intracommunity operations.

Best wishes,
... See more
Hi Nathalie,

If you care to contact me privately through my profile I can recommend a reliable 'asesor de empresas' in Valencia (better than a gestor) that I have used happily for several years. Like you, I previously had problems with a simple gestor making mistakes and landing me with fines. As well as me, they have a couple of other freelance translators as clients and understand issues that affect us like Modelo 349 and intracommunity operations.

Best wishes,
lexical
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
If you exist, breathe, and move, fines are always a possibility Mar 9, 2016

Not even the best gestor or asesor can be a guarantee against fines: our tax law is so complex, Hacienda has such degree of freedom interpreting tax legislation whenever they feel like it, and the individual is so powerless against our government(s), that virtually nobody doing business in Spain is safe from fines even with the utmost care and attention in doing everything correctly and in good faith. Whenever there is some mistake on your part or on the part of your gestor or asesor, Hacienda i... See more
Not even the best gestor or asesor can be a guarantee against fines: our tax law is so complex, Hacienda has such degree of freedom interpreting tax legislation whenever they feel like it, and the individual is so powerless against our government(s), that virtually nobody doing business in Spain is safe from fines even with the utmost care and attention in doing everything correctly and in good faith. Whenever there is some mistake on your part or on the part of your gestor or asesor, Hacienda immediately labels you a thief and fines you automatically, with no chance of straightening things and be over with the issue.

The only way of never having to deal with a fine from Hacienda is simply being dead. Unless you have a very simple business with very few invoices, I would strongly advise against dealing with Hacienda without experts by your side.
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
And what if it's the 'expert' continually making the mistakes? Mar 10, 2016

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:
Whenever there is some mistake on your part or on the part of your gestor or asesor, Hacienda immediately labels you a thief

I would strongly advise against dealing with Hacienda without xperts by your side.

My asesor/contable - an apparently qualified one, not a simple gestor - has been the one making all the mistakes so far. Here's some of the advice he's given over the years:
- You can choose where your husband's pension is taxed: WRONG! Pensions have to be taxed in the country of residence nowadays.
- If money doesn't physically enter Spain (however you define that), you don't have to mention it to the tax people: WRONG! They want to know your world income and not declaring everything is well illegal.
- If you bring money into the country with the sole purpose of buying a property (e.g. a lump-sum payment that's tax-free under UK tax law), you don't have to pay tax or even declare it as it's considered an investment in the country: WRONG! Pure and simple invention by someone who's too lazy to even invent something that seems half-plausible.

I have some of his advice, including the last piece, in print. Fortunately, I didn't act on that one or I'd have not only had a five-figure tax bill to pay, but I'd have had to sell the property I'd just acquired in order to pay it! That gem set so many alarm bells ringing that I got a second, third and fourth opinion. But does it help me avoid paying several thousand euros in fines and interest, as well as the back taxes due? No way! I'm left holding the baby.

Now I'll go with my new one, who seems to talk sense, until I know my way around all the forms. After that, I'll pay several 'experts' to answer the same question each time I have a problem. Then I'll happily take responsibility for my own cock-ups. I'm through paying for others' s**t.

Sorry - rant over.

Álvaro Espantaleón Moreno
Álvaro Espantaleón Moreno  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
That's a problem, yes Mar 10, 2016

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:
Whenever there is some mistake on your part or on the part of your gestor or asesor, Hacienda immediately labels you a thief

I would strongly advise against dealing with Hacienda without xperts by your side.

My asesor/contable - an apparently qualified one, not a simple gestor - has been the one making all the mistakes so far. Here's some of the advice he's given over the years:
- You can choose where your husband's pension is taxed: WRONG! Pensions have to be taxed in the country of residence nowadays.
- If money doesn't physically enter Spain (however you define that), you don't have to mention it to the tax people: WRONG! They want to know your world income and not declaring everything is well illegal.
- If you bring money into the country with the sole purpose of buying a property (e.g. a lump-sum payment that's tax-free under UK tax law), you don't have to pay tax or even declare it as it's considered an investment in the country: WRONG! Pure and simple invention by someone who's too lazy to even invent something that seems half-plausible.

I have some of his advice, including the last piece, in print. Fortunately, I didn't act on that one or I'd have not only had a five-figure tax bill to pay, but I'd have had to sell the property I'd just acquired in order to pay it! That gem set so many alarm bells ringing that I got a second, third and fourth opinion. But does it help me avoid paying several thousand euros in fines and interest, as well as the back taxes due? No way! I'm left holding the baby.

Now I'll go with my new one, who seems to talk sense, until I know my way around all the forms. After that, I'll pay several 'experts' to answer the same question each time I have a problem. Then I'll happily take responsibility for my own cock-ups. I'm through paying for others' s**t.

Sorry - rant over.

However, even if you find a fantastic expert and learn all the existing laws, Hacienda may surprise you one day with absolutely biased interpretations of preexisting laws, new rules that they start applying retroactively (in a disguised way) and god knows what other tricks that they may pull out of their sleeves. Bear in mind that Spain is broke: they need money, and small businesses are easy prey for them. For example, I have a friend that lives close to Portugal, so he is moving his business to Portugal, that's how bad it is.

[Edited at 2016-03-10 12:23 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-03-10 12:24 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-03-10 12:28 GMT]

Nathalie Coutelle
Nathalie Coutelle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gracias a todos Mar 17, 2016

Gracias a todos por su valiosa contribución !

Nathalie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Monika Jakacka Márquez[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Encontrar un buen gestor ??

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »