Tradophenia (X)
Tradophenia (X)
Spain
Local time: 11:47
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 12, 2015

Hi,

We're currently reviewing Gespoint and Quahill. We were almost sure we were going to go with Gespoint, which is set up specifically for Spanish agencies, but then discovered Quahill, which has a very intuitive interface.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with these programmes and could tell us about their experiences.

We're also interested in finding out if Quahill would let us record other business expenses, such as utility bills, et
... See more
Hi,

We're currently reviewing Gespoint and Quahill. We were almost sure we were going to go with Gespoint, which is set up specifically for Spanish agencies, but then discovered Quahill, which has a very intuitive interface.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with these programmes and could tell us about their experiences.

We're also interested in finding out if Quahill would let us record other business expenses, such as utility bills, etc. so we could control our monthly expenses.

Thanks,
Nick
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:47
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Projetex? Aug 12, 2015

Tradophenia wrote:

Hi,

We're also interested in finding out if Quahill would let us record other business expenses, such as utility bills, etc. so we could control our monthly expenses.

Thanks,
Nick

Hi Nick,

You've probably already heard of it, but I thought I'd just mention Projetex, which might be another option for you: http://www.projetex.com/ (it's made by the same people that make TO3000)

Is Gespoint also available in English? I noticed from their website that they also do a version for freelancers (which would correspond to TO3000). Interesting.

Michael

GregSmith
GregSmith
French to English
+ ...
QuaHill Oct 19, 2015

Tradophenia wrote:

... interested in finding out if Quahill would let us record other business expenses, such as utility bills, etc. so we could control our monthly expenses.

Thanks,
Nick

Hi Nick,

I may be late chipping in, but for info, we use QuaHill at VoxAppeal & are very happy with it. Main advantage for us is that it is very customisable (Translation is only one of our multimedia localisation services, so we needed to be able to add a lot of other info & variables.) We don't currently record utilities on QuaHill but you could create a vendor category called "utilities" and list them there. You can then choose to include them in stats, which also offer a range of views, calculations & exports.

Developer support is also very amenable, and you've probably already seen the online tutorials?

Good luck,
Greg

LingCom
LingCom
Argentina
Local time: 07:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hello. Which one did you finally buy? I tried Gespoint and can tell you my experience. Nov 25, 2016

Tradophenia wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,
Nick

[Editado a las 2016-11-25 15:43 GMT]

Igor Juricek
Igor Juricek  Identity Verified
English to Czech
+ ...
Quahill intuitive? Aug 29, 2018

I tried quahill and I found it anything but intuitive.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:47
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
my current recommendation would be BaccS, ... Aug 29, 2018

… which is quickly becoming the best one out there, for both freelancers and small companies. There is now both a Windows and online version.

info: http://www.ibaccs.com/

Michael

Jorge Payan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Gespoint vs. Quahill

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »