Thread poster: Danelle Hood
Danelle Hood
Danelle Hood  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:03
Spanish to English
Nov 3, 2016

Hi,

I am curious to know what the average salary range is for a translation project manager is the United States. I am applying for project management positions and I have a Bachelors in Spanish & Portuguese, 2 years of project management experience (in the public utility industry), a Masters in Translation Studies, 2 years of experience translating at an export company, and about a year and a half of experience doing freelance translations.

Many agencies request that y
... See more
Hi,

I am curious to know what the average salary range is for a translation project manager is the United States. I am applying for project management positions and I have a Bachelors in Spanish & Portuguese, 2 years of project management experience (in the public utility industry), a Masters in Translation Studies, 2 years of experience translating at an export company, and about a year and a half of experience doing freelance translations.

Many agencies request that you send your resume and salary expectations. What are your thoughts?

Thank you

[Edited at 2016-11-03 17:41 GMT]
Collapse

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
Salary expectations? Nov 3, 2016

Have this prospect ask you for your salary expectations?

Salaries for translation project managers vary across the country, from 40K to 50K, if the current postings on indeed.com are to be believed.

Geographic location plays a large part in how much you get offered and how expensive it is to live in that particular location. I wouldn't bother with an offer in New York City, for example.

The position's description may just be window dressing and not include
... See more
Have this prospect ask you for your salary expectations?

Salaries for translation project managers vary across the country, from 40K to 50K, if the current postings on indeed.com are to be believed.

Geographic location plays a large part in how much you get offered and how expensive it is to live in that particular location. I wouldn't bother with an offer in New York City, for example.

The position's description may just be window dressing and not include everything the candidate will be required to do. Ask the tough questions.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

project manager salary

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »