Mariana Font  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:10
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 3, 2016

Hello!
Could anyone recommend a good Romanesque glossary? I'm in need of terminology on architecture and Romanesque art in general. Preferably multilingual (Catalan, Spanish, English, French)
Thanks a million,
mariana

Christian christian@nielsen-palacios.com
Christian [email protected]
United States
Local time: 07:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Romanesque Dec 3, 2016

I don't know of a Glossary (please share if you find one), but I am an architect. If I can be of help, don't hesitate to ask ([email protected])

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
I may be wrong... Dec 5, 2016

but I would have thought that's too specialized a subject to produce a glossary for. Art or architecture, sure, but Romanesque doesn't really have a terminology of its own. I just use Google.

Mariana Font
Mariana Font  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:10
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Art & architecture Terminology - Romanesque Dec 5, 2016

Hello!
Thanks a lot for your answers. I'm using a series of resources, the main one being a terminology search engine in Catalan, with entries in other languages (http://www.termcat.cat/ca/Cercaterm/)
Thansk for your offer, Christian, but I hope I won't need to bother you.
And you are right, philgoddard, even though it is a very vast field, I should probably have said Art and Arch
... See more
Hello!
Thanks a lot for your answers. I'm using a series of resources, the main one being a terminology search engine in Catalan, with entries in other languages (http://www.termcat.cat/ca/Cercaterm/)
Thansk for your offer, Christian, but I hope I won't need to bother you.
And you are right, philgoddard, even though it is a very vast field, I should probably have said Art and Architecture.
Thanks and cheers,
mariana
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Romanesque glossary

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »