Thread poster: Graeme Walle (X)
Graeme Walle (X)
Graeme Walle (X)  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:45
Finnish to English
+ ...
Jun 9, 2017

I installed the demo version of Wordfast Pro 5 this morning but I was unable to save the target despite carefully following the instructions; every time I get the file with the correct suffix (FI_en -GB) but the text of file is in the Finnish (source) ☹
I registered for a full trial version as I surmised that this feature was disabled in the demo version. However, I get the same problem. “Save as translated file” gives me a file in the source text (Finnish) rather than the target te
... See more
I installed the demo version of Wordfast Pro 5 this morning but I was unable to save the target despite carefully following the instructions; every time I get the file with the correct suffix (FI_en -GB) but the text of file is in the Finnish (source) ☹
I registered for a full trial version as I surmised that this feature was disabled in the demo version. However, I get the same problem. “Save as translated file” gives me a file in the source text (Finnish) rather than the target text (British English).

I am an experienced user of Wordfast Pro3, which has worked very well in the past, but is unstable with my new system (Win 10 Pro).

I really need this to work. I already had to get one deadline extended.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem is? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Graeme
Collapse

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 07:45
Contact me Jun 9, 2017

Hi Graeme,

Sorry you are facing this issue.
Can you email me at [email protected] so I can check what's going on with your WFP 5 and saving target files.

Thank you,

John

Graeme Waller wrote:

I registered for a full trial version as I surmised that this feature was disabled in the demo version. However, I get the same problem. “Save as translated file” gives me a file in the source text (Finnish) rather than the target text (British English).

I am an experienced user of Wordfast Pro3, which has worked very well in the past, but is unstable with my new system (Win 10 Pro).

I really need this to work. I already had to get one deadline extended.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem is? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Graeme

[Edited at 2017-06-09 16:34 GMT]

Graeme Walle (X)
Graeme Walle (X)  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:45
Finnish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
problem is solved Jun 12, 2017

There was a problem between the computer and the back of my chair.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 5 Full Trial Version Not Saving Target; Saves Source Instead

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »