Wordfast Pro 5 "Copy Source, Tags and Term Translations" problem...
Thread poster: David Pape
David Pape
David Pape
Germany
Local time: 20:12
German to English
Jul 6, 2017

Hello fellow Wordfast Pro users,

I'm having problems with the "Copy Source, Tags and Term Translations" function (regardless of the source file type). When I select it from the menu and the source term contains tags (or parentheses, brackets, hyphens, or other non-letter characters) like in this example from a table of contents:

1.0(Tag1)(Tag2)(Tag1)Öffentliche Forschungsförderung(Tag3)10

and I select the various copy source commands, I get the following
... See more
Hello fellow Wordfast Pro users,

I'm having problems with the "Copy Source, Tags and Term Translations" function (regardless of the source file type). When I select it from the menu and the source term contains tags (or parentheses, brackets, hyphens, or other non-letter characters) like in this example from a table of contents:

1.0(Tag1)(Tag2)(Tag1)Öffentliche Forschungsförderung(Tag3)10

and I select the various copy source commands, I get the following in the target:

Copy Source: Target contains exact copy of source, as it should.
Copy Source text: Target contains exact copy of source without tags, as it should
Copy Source, Tags, and Term Translations: Target is messed up with a mix of German/English terms and missing text:

1.0(Tag1)(Tag2)(Tag1)Öffentlichepublic (Tag3)

instead of:

1.0(Tag1)(Tag2)(Tag1)public Forschungsförderung(Tag3)10

This happens regardless of whether "Enable fuzzy term recognition" is enabled or disabled, and seriously slows me down when translating, especially in segments with lots of tags and other non-letter characters.

I sent an email to support a while back when Wordfast Pro 4 was released and they responded saying they have noted the problem and will fix it in an upcoming release, but were at 5.0.7 now and I still have the problem.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Thanks
Dave

[Edited at 2017-07-06 10:24 GMT]
Collapse

David Pape
David Pape
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
No answer? Aug 16, 2017

Looks like I have to switch back to Wordfast Pro 3 until this issue gets resolved....

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 13:12
Fixed in 5.1.0 Aug 16, 2017

David Pape wrote:

Looks like I have to switch back to Wordfast Pro 3 until this issue gets resolved....

Hi David,

This is fixed in 5.1.0, you can update from Wordfast.com

Let me know if you still face issues with it

Thank you,

John

David Pape
David Pape
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Still having issues... Aug 17, 2017

Hello,

I am using WPro 5.1.0, but am still having issues, unfortunately. Instead of:

1.0(Tag1)(Tag2)(Tag1)Öffentlichepublic (Tag3)

I now get:

1.0(Tag1)(Tag2)(Tag1)ÖffentlichepublicForschungsförderung(Tag3)10

Better, but not quite there yet. Maybe in WPro 5.1.1?

Thanks,

Dave Pape

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 5 "Copy Source, Tags and Term Translations" problem...

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »