This page contains details of all of the social activities that are being organized around the ProZ.com 2016 international conference, including:
- When: Friday, 2 September 2016, 4:00 PM (ending around 5:30/6:00)
- Where: Meet at Wide Stairs by Sergels Torg (T-Centralen stop) or meet at Hilton Slussen lobby at 3:30 PM and we will take metro to tour start as a group
- Price: We ask that you please bring a small gratuity (suggested: 50 SEK) to give to the tour guide at the beginning of the tour
Tour Old Town (Gamla Stan) Stockholm, filled with beautiful houses and cozy squares ripe with history and blood chillingstories! This historical tour will guide you through the cobblestone streets and narrow alleyways of the original island of Stockholm, founded in the 13th century.
Highlights of the 2-hour walking tour include learning about the Vikings, the Stockholm blood bath and the tragic tale of Crown Princess Margaret, while exploring the picturesque architecture, ancient statures and historical squares. The tour will finish with panoramic views near the Slussen metro station.
- When: Friday, 2 September 2016, 6:00 – 10:00 PM
- Where: Nygränd 10, 111 30 Stockholm
- Price: SEK 455.00 (approximately EUR 50.00) per person – Cash only at the door (collected on arrival)
- NOTE: Due to limited interest in the powwow at the Nobel Museum, conference staff have rescheduled Friday's powwow to an intimate dinner at Fem Små Hus - a beautiful restaurant only 10-15 minutes walking distance from the conference venue
The pre-conference powwow will take place on the evening before the start of the 2016 ProZ.com International Conference.
A short walk from the conference hotel, in the heart of old town Stockholm, we will be dining at Fem Små Hus. This historical underground location has seven beautiful vaulted cellars that extend under five houses, along Nygränd down towards Skeppsbron. This location has a strong historical influence, dating back to its origins as a restaurant in the 17th century. The restaurant features a mixture of Swedish cuisine with a French touch, in a stunning historical setting.
We will be enjoying a very Nordic prix-fixe menu:
MENY FEM SMÅ HUS
- 455 kronor -
• Toast with smoked reindeer and horseradish, decorated with vendace roe [Swedish delicacy (white fish)]
• Seared arctic char with a chive sauce and boiled potatoes
• Sorbet of the day
NOTE: The restaurant can accommodate dietary restrictions - vegetarians, vegans, gluten-free, allergies, etc. - conference staff will need to know of any such restrictions at least one week in advance!
Please confirm your attendance on the powwow page by updating “YES” or “NO” next to your name by 25 August 2016. Add “plus one” in the remarks session if you are attending with your spouse, partner, travel companion, etc.
Gala dinner at Wijnjas Ost & Vinkallare
- When: The evening of Saturday, September 3rd at 7:00 PM
- Where: Wijnjas Ost & Vinkallare, Scheelegatan 3, 112 23 Stockholm
- Price: Included in the event price
- Note: The full conference package includes a seat for one person at the Gala Dinner. Any additional seats as well as dietary restrictions must be communicated to conference staff by August 25th.
IMPORTANT: SATUDAY NIGHT'S GALA DINNER IS NOW FULLY BOOKED. IT IS STILL POSSIBLE TO PURCHASE ACCESS TO THE CONFERENCE WITHOUT THE GALA DINNER.
The Saturday evening Gala Dinner will bring together conference attendees to unwind with old and new friends over food and wine after the first day of the event in a unique Old-World venue. The gala dinner ticket (which is included in the conference package) includes wine and a three-course meal. Conference attendees are welcome to bring a guest, who must purchase a ticket separately and in advance.
Wijnjas Ost & Vinkallare a 15-minute metro ride from the Hilton Slussen, located near the Rådhuset metro stop.
Wijnjas Ost & Vinkallare is a rustic restaurant, featuring a seasonal menu and an extensive wine list. Guests will be seated in the private dining room, located in the wine cellar for an intimate setting.
* Vegetarian options and other accommodations for food restrictions and allergies are available on request. Please contact the Conference Organizer in advance, so that we can ensure we meet any special dietary requirements.
Wijnjas Ost & Vinkallare offers a seasonal menu of fresh and local Scandinavian ingredients. The Gala dinner will feature wine and a three-course menu:
with caramelized onions, duck crème double and armagnac
with brussels sprouts in truffle cream, pickled black radish and duck jus
five pieces with accompaniments
- When: Sunday, 4 September 2016, 7:00 – 10:00 PM
- Where: Hermans, Fjällgatan 23b 116 28 Stockholm
- Price: SEK 189.00 (approximately EUR 20.00) per person (alcoholic beverages purchased separately) – Cash only at the door (collected on arrival)
The post-conference powwow will take place on the evening of the last day of the 2016 ProZ.com International Conference.
A short walk from the conference hotel, do not miss an opportunity to say hej då to new and old friends alike, while taking in the sweeping panoramic views over Stockholm on a late summer's eve. Enjoy the outdoor garden, rock in a hammock and enjoy a final evening with direct views over Old Town.
Herman’s offers an all you can eat vegetarian buffet, including a selection of vegan, organic, gluten-free and lactose-free options. The menu is seasonal and includes hot and cold dishes, a salad bar, dessert bar, freshly baked bread and items from the grill. The multicultural buffet includes dishes such as vegetarian Bolognese pasta, vegan pizza, Greek salad with marinated tofu, falafel and Baba ghanoush, Japanese pickles, Marrakesh couscous and eggplant relish, Indian dhal, Finnish rutabaga casserole, etc. Save room for the dessert and fresh fruit bar. Organic coffees and teas included, specialty beverages and alcohol purchased separately.
Please confirm your attendance by updating “YES” or “NO” next to your name on the powwow page by 2 September 2016. Add “plus one” in the remarks session if you are attending with your spouse, partner, travel companion, etc.