English to assyrian translators
Thread poster: punam
punam
punam
Local time: 15:36
English to Gujarati
+ ...
Apr 16, 2009

Is assyrian language simillar to armenian?
I a looking for an assyrian language translator.
Please can some one help me if any one of you know
an assyrian translator.
As this pair (english to assyrian) does not exist in Proz., it is quite difficult to
post a job.
Where can i find a translator for a letter i need to translate from english to assyrian?
can anyone help?
thanks.

[Edited at 2009-04-16 14:09 GMT]

Armine Kern
Armine Kern
Germany
Local time: 16:36
Russian to German
+ ...
Assyrian is not Armenian Apr 16, 2009

Hi punam,

Assyrian language is a old language like Latin. I think, that Assyrian is simillar to modern Aramaic (Minority in Turkey)

Armenian is a state Lnaguage, about 10 Mio. people - Christian - speak Armenian.
(Sorry for my Englisch)

[Bearbeitet am 2009-04-16 09:40 GMT]

Trinh Do
Trinh Do  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2007)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Assyrian language Apr 16, 2009

"The ancient people of Assyria spoke an Assyrian dialect of the Akkadian language, a branch of the Semitic languages. The first inscriptions, called Old Assyrian (OA), were made in the Old Assyrian period. In the Neo-Assyrian period the Aramaic language became increasingly common, more so than Akkadian — this was thought to be largely due to the mass deportations undertaken by Assyrian kings, in which large Aramaic-speaking populations, conquered by the Assyrians, were relocated to other parts... See more
"The ancient people of Assyria spoke an Assyrian dialect of the Akkadian language, a branch of the Semitic languages. The first inscriptions, called Old Assyrian (OA), were made in the Old Assyrian period. In the Neo-Assyrian period the Aramaic language became increasingly common, more so than Akkadian — this was thought to be largely due to the mass deportations undertaken by Assyrian kings, in which large Aramaic-speaking populations, conquered by the Assyrians, were relocated to other parts of the empire. The ancient Assyrians also used the Sumerian language in their literature and liturgy, although to a more limited extent in the Middle- and Neo-Assyrian periods, when Akkadian became the main literary language.

The utter and complete destruction of the Assyrian capitals of Nineveh and Assur by the Babylonians and Medes ensured that the bilingual elite, perhaps the few remaining still competent in Akkadian, were wiped out. By the 6th century B.C., much of the Assyrian population that survived used Aramaic and not the cuneiform Akkadian. In time, Akkadian would no longer be used by the Assyrians, although many aspects of the culture associated, such as naming with Assur, continued, and do so today."

Maybe the script is like Arabic.
Collapse

chica nueva
chica nueva
Local time: 04:36
Chinese to English
Assyrian/Chaldean/Syriac people Apr 16, 2009

There are Assyrians in many countries including New Zealand. They have their own language and alphabet. There are Assyrian interpreters in NZ. If you get stuck I can give you details. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian/Chaldean/Syriac_people#Language

Pro
... See more
There are Assyrians in many countries including New Zealand. They have their own language and alphabet. There are Assyrian interpreters in NZ. If you get stuck I can give you details. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian/Chaldean/Syriac_people#Language

Probably actually this language:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_Neo-Aramaic

[Edited at 2009-04-16 23:48 GMT]
Collapse

Helena Genel
Helena Genel
United States
Local time: 08:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
Are you talking about the language that (modern) Assyrian people speak? Apr 16, 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_people

Faruk Atabeyli
Faruk Atabeyli  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 18:36
English to Turkish
+ ...
Largest Syriac community outside upper Mesopotamia is in Sweden Apr 16, 2009

Punam,

The largest Syriac community outside their homeland (Northern Medopotamia) is in Sweden. After migrating there from southeastern Turkey during the 70s, they have settled practically in all of Europe. You may want to contact either the Syriac Union or individual associations or clubs that are members of the Union.

Good luck

http://www.esu.cc/About Us/ESU Foundation.htm
... See more
Punam,

The largest Syriac community outside their homeland (Northern Medopotamia) is in Sweden. After migrating there from southeastern Turkey during the 70s, they have settled practically in all of Europe. You may want to contact either the Syriac Union or individual associations or clubs that are members of the Union.

Good luck

http://www.esu.cc/About Us/ESU Foundation.html

http://www.esu-sweden.com/contactus.html
Collapse

punam
punam
English to Gujarati
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
please give contacts Apr 17, 2009

lai an wrote:

Probably actually this language:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_Neo-Aramaic

[Edited at 2009-04-16 23:48 GMT]

punam
punam
English to Gujarati
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Where exactly can i get assyrian translators, Sweden, Turkey or New Zealand? Apr 17, 2009

Really this is quite running round the bush.
where in the world could i find an Eng to Assyrian translator for a letter?
NZ or Sweden or Turkey?

It seems it is like the Sanskrit language of India.

[Edited at 2009-04-17 11:52 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-04-17 11:53 GMT]

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
German to English
+ ...
Assyrian Apr 17, 2009

Punam, the contacts I sent you are experts for the language that has been dead for thousands of years. I assumed you needed a cuneiform inscription or some such thing. What are you actually after?

Faruk Atabeyli
Faruk Atabeyli  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 18:36
English to Turkish
+ ...
One more link Apr 18, 2009

Here's some more information on the language.

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/syriac.htm

Info regarding Assyrian Feb 22, 2013

I am an Assyrian-English-Assyrian interpreter/translator in California.
I've been doing Assyrian-English-Assyrian translation and interpretation for several years.
I started out as a community volunteer helping needy Assyrians in dealing with translation/interpretation services for Health, immigration and naturalization, employment, social security, insurance, education, tax preparation services.
I am also an over-the-telephone interpreter with a well know language services com
... See more
I am an Assyrian-English-Assyrian interpreter/translator in California.
I've been doing Assyrian-English-Assyrian translation and interpretation for several years.
I started out as a community volunteer helping needy Assyrians in dealing with translation/interpretation services for Health, immigration and naturalization, employment, social security, insurance, education, tax preparation services.
I am also an over-the-telephone interpreter with a well know language services companies in the U.S.

Assyrian is an ancient language of the Assyrian people dating back to the 7th century B.C.
The Assyrian language today is known as Syriac and Aramaic. Assyrian, Arabic and Hebrew are 3 sister languages which developed from Aramaic.

The Assyrian Empire at it's height expanded throughout the middle east including all or part of today's Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, and the Arabian desert. After the fall of Nineveh in 512 B.C. Assyrians became subjects of other nations and countries and since then, became citizens of those countries and adopted those countries languages but maintained their own language which developed into different dialects and included foreign words including Arabic, Turkish, Farsi, Kudish and English (during the 19th century).

Assyrians migrated to the America in the late 1800's and established communities in New York and the east coast, Chicago, IL and later Detroit, MI, and Turlock, CA. Today the largest Assyrian population is in Chicago and it's suburbs, California, Turlock/Modesto, San Jose, San Francisco & Los Angeles, Phoenix Arizona and Texas. Assyrians later migrated to England, Australia (Sydney area), then Germany, Sweden, Netherlands and France.

Assyrians adopted the Christian faith during the 1st century A.D. Then they had lost their identity and were known by other names. People without a country of their own, spread throughout the middle east and members of different Christian denominations, became known by several different religious names which I will mention below.

Named Nestorians are the followers of the Assyrian Church Of The East of Iraq, Iran, Syria and Lebanon.
Jacobites also known as Suryoyo from the Tur Abdin area of Eastern Turkey and Syria.
Chaldeans mostly from Iraq and Iran.
There's historical evidence that the Lebanese Maronites/Melkites are also of Assyrian origin, however they were Arabized and adopted the Arabic language as their first language, and commonly use Arab (non-muslim) names, however their liturgical language in church services is still Aramaic.

I can go on for pages but I don't want to put anyone to sleep. The above should be enough to inform you for who Assyrians are. If you wish more information I will gladly offer what I can.

If you wish to use my Assyrian-English-Assyrian Translation & interpretation services I will be happy to help.

Sincerely,

Bardaisan
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

English to assyrian translators

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »