Historical Latin translation
Thread poster: Ron Clarey
Ron Clarey
Ron Clarey
Local time: 16:48
Jan 9, 2006

I have been asked to do a historical Latin translation of c1500 books. I have told the client that I can't help him does anyone know of somewhere near Florida that could help him? That is where the client is from. I am not offering the job because I want nothing to do with it, due to the age and possible condition of the books. Sorry if this is the wrong place.

Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Switzerland
Local time: 17:48
Member (2003)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Post a Job :) Jan 10, 2006

Ron Clarey wrote:

I have been asked to do a historical Latin translation of c1500 books. I have told the client that I can't help him does anyone know of somewhere near Florida that could help him? That is where the client is from. I am not offering the job because I want nothing to do with it, due to the age and possible condition of the books. Sorry if this is the wrong place.

Dear Ron,

I would suggest that you post a "Job" through Proz, although you are not the outsourcer, or suggest the client to do so. He'll probably find someone near Florida.

Good luck!
Flavio

Jesse K
Jesse K
Japanese to English
Translation Jan 10, 2006

I'm actually a Latin major. I don't work in Latin any more (and living in Tokyo now) but I know a lot of people still working with Latin. My professor is in Georgia and I can ask him to refer someone if you give me some information on the project.

Cheers,
Jesse

Ron Clarey
Ron Clarey
Local time: 16:48
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 10, 2006

I have written to my client with both of your suggestions and someone else has suggested the University of Florida has a Latin department. I have left it with the client to persue it further.

Thank you all for your help and advice.

Michael Putman
Michael Putman  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:48
Member (2008)
Latin to English
+ ...
Florida Latin job Jan 21, 2006

Greetings,

I may be interested, if the job is still available, as I do and have done Latin translations from this period. It does depend on logistics and of course what the subject matter and style is. Is there anyway I may contact this person?

Thanks.

Michael A. Putman
[email protected]

Ron Clarey wrote:

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Historical Latin translation

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »