Thread poster: Jose Ruivo
Judith Spangenberg
Judith Spangenberg  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:43
English to German
+ ...
Thank you! Apr 21, 2013

Many thanks for that.. I managed to download it.. now it's off to convert it to something useable
Again, thank you for your kind help!

Meta Arkadia wrote:

Judith Spangenberg wrote:
Really strange.. I wonder where I have gone wrong?!

I haven't the foggiest. Anyway, I downloaded it for you, and uploaded it to Dropbox:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2184204/german.dmg

Have fun!

Hans

Andrei Shmatkov
Andrei Shmatkov  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:43
English to Russian
+ ...
check your messages on this site Apr 21, 2013

Hi Judith,

I also uploaded the GER glossaries (OS X+iOS) for you. Please check your messages on this site for the link. Also let me know if you need help in converting glossaries to Xbench format.

Regards,
Andrei

Hi Andrei,

Many thanks for the link. When I follow it, I am greeted with a blank screen, stating no records.
Entering the search term glossaries equally yields no records.. I am a bit puzzled so will take up your offer of help through a message.. how strange...

Regards,

Judith

Andrei Shmatkov wrote:

Dear Judith,

just checked - all the glossaries seem to be in place (including the German one). Try this link: https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action?name=localization . If it doesn't work, send me a message through my profile and I will try to help.

Andrei

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 19:43
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Easy Apr 21, 2013

Many thanks for that.. I managed to download it.. now it's off to convert it to something useable

Dirt easy

- Mac: double click the DMG, move the 523 files into a new folder
- Other OSs/Windows: Follow the instruction to achieve this others posted

- Run CafeTeran
- Open an existing ENG>GER project, or create a new one
- Ignore any other databases or settings, just Start the project
- In the Menu, Memory | Import | Import Max OS X glossaries
- Wait a second or two, your OS X segments will show up in no-time
- Memory | Save Memory As, name it, click OK to save as TMX
- There you are, a 65,000+ TM, ready to use…

I screencasted the process, clumsily as ever. The conversion took me two minutes according to that screencast, but if you know what you're doing, it's much less.

http://www.screencast.com/t/pIcJDomAbeGP

Cheers,

Hans

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 19:43
English to Indonesian
+ ...
For the lazy ones Apr 22, 2013

As you can derive from my previous message, I performed the conversion. Now if you're lazy, you can download the OS X glossary ENG-GER as a fix und fertig TMX file here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2184204/Os%20X%20German.tmx.zip (2 MB)
It will be available for a couple of days.

[edit] The file with the original DMG isn't on Dropbox a
... See more
As you can derive from my previous message, I performed the conversion. Now if you're lazy, you can download the OS X glossary ENG-GER as a fix und fertig TMX file here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2184204/Os%20X%20German.tmx.zip (2 MB)
It will be available for a couple of days.

[edit] The file with the original DMG isn't on Dropbox anymore, if you don't mind.

Cheers,

Hans

[Edited at 2013-04-22 00:38 GMT]
Collapse

Judith Spangenberg
Judith Spangenberg  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to German
+ ...
Belated thank you Apr 24, 2013

Dear all,

I just wanted to thank you for getting in touch and helping me out with the file.
Thank you also for uploading an already ready tmx file!

Judith

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
http://wordbook.nl/content/Apple-Glossary-(43,698-Dutch-English-entries).txt Apr 26, 2013

I converted the Dutch-English part a while back, which I put here:

http://wordbook.nl/content/Apple-Glossary-(43,698-Dutch-English-entries).txt

Michael

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 09:43
English to Spanish
Just a heads-up... Apr 26, 2013

to the people that are so generously sharing the converted glossaries: the Terms of Service you agreed to when joining Apple's dev site specifically state that the glossaries cannot be copied and distributed ((...) no Content may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted or distributed in any way (including “mirroring”) to any other computer, server, Web site or other medium for publication or distribution or for any commercial... See more
to the people that are so generously sharing the converted glossaries: the Terms of Service you agreed to when joining Apple's dev site specifically state that the glossaries cannot be copied and distributed ((...) no Content may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted or distributed in any way (including “mirroring”) to any other computer, server, Web site or other medium for publication or distribution or for any commercial enterprise, without Apple’s express prior written consent.)

Now, I think this policy is utter BS, but I also believe that, since they are the copyright holders, they have the right to provide you their content as they see fit.

Me? I'd delete direct download links (since this thread is among the first page of hits if you look for "iOs glossaries"), and just offer people to send you a PM if they want... ummhh... detailed instructions on how to convert the files.

Happy translating!
Collapse

babble-on
babble-on  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:43
Spanish to English
+ ...
iOS glossary for translators May 30, 2013

There is a translator-made iOS glossary here with 250+ terms like Tap and Notification Center:

http://www.ibabbleon.com/apple-ios-localization-term-glossary.html

Sarah Jackowski
Sarah Jackowski
Germany
Local time: 13:43
English to German
Thanks Sep 19, 2013

Thanks a lot without your comments I'd never been able to convert the language glossaries with Xbench that quickly.

Sarah

Laura_mLcM
Laura_mLcM
English to Spanish
How to extract the .lg's in an easier way - no Mac needed! Oct 14, 2013

Using the TransMac suggested by our colleague, and by clicking File > Open Disk Image you can select the .dmg and all the content (.lg files) will be shown on the right pane. There seems no way to extract/export unless you have the paid version of the tool but I found that you can simply click on one or all the .lg files, then right click > Copy to. Copy all the .lg files in one go to your hard drive and proceed with the Xbench as explained in a previous entry in this page! As simple as that!!... See more
Using the TransMac suggested by our colleague, and by clicking File > Open Disk Image you can select the .dmg and all the content (.lg files) will be shown on the right pane. There seems no way to extract/export unless you have the paid version of the tool but I found that you can simply click on one or all the .lg files, then right click > Copy to. Copy all the .lg files in one go to your hard drive and proceed with the Xbench as explained in a previous entry in this page! As simple as that!!

Obviously, now that you have them all in .txt format, you can use any other search tool you feel like.

Cheers,

Laura Calvelo
Collapse

Claudia Hill (X)
Claudia Hill (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to German
+ ...
How do I get from iso to lg? Dec 11, 2013

Laura, you are a genius (nothing new there). Transmac worked beautifully.

[Edited at 2013-12-11 17:42 GMT]

Volodymyr Dreval
Volodymyr Dreval
Ukraine
Local time: 14:43
English to Ukrainian
Here's how you do it for my Russian fellow translators Feb 15, 2016

Hey, guys! I've collected all the useful info on the Internet and described the whole process of creating your own official Apple-related TM step-by-step here (only in Russian, for now): https://goo.gl/P90wJf

Polina Klimashevskaia
Polina Klimashevskaia  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:43
English to Russian
+ ...
Russian iOS Glossary Apr 2, 2016

Dear colleagues!

I have the same problem, as Judith. When I go to the Apple Developer website, I can't see any glossaries there. Could somebody help me to download an English-Russian one? Thats would've been of a great help!

Thanks in advance!

One Planet
One Planet
Local time: 08:43
Arabic to English
+ ...
Search "Glossaries" Apr 6, 2016

Polina Orlowa wrote:

Dear colleagues!

I have the same problem, as Judith. When I go to the Apple Developer website, I can't see any glossaries there. Could somebody help me to download an English-Russian one? Thats would've been of a great help!

Thanks in advance!

I didn't get anything either, until I changed the search to Glossaries. Then they popped up.

Clark

Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa
Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 09:43
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Still about the MAC glossaries Sep 17, 2016

Hello guys,
I'm also trying to find English/Brazilian Portuguese glossaries but I can't locate them! Any hints?
Thank you!
Heloisa

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

iOS (multi)lingual glossary?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »