ahartje
ahartje
Portugal
Local time: 17:51
Member (2006)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
With Christian Feb 9, 2018

I have been asked for such certificates just by clients from Spain and Greece, but in the moment you present your valid EU VAT ID, there is no need of any certificate.

A verification of this VAT ID (not the national one) is proof of being officially registered.

Villő Ujvári
Villő Ujvári
Hungary
Local time: 18:51
English to Hungarian
+ ...
First time requesting the certificate Jun 21, 2020

Thank you all for discussing this topic so openly, it is great to read up on this before I hand in a request for the certificate.

As I have never done this before, I am a bit nervous about going through the process of getting a Tax Residency Certificate in my country. I never had to request one before, because none of my clients asked for a Certificate so far. The one that requested it is willing to work with me even though I told them it might take a while for me to receive the Cer
... See more
Thank you all for discussing this topic so openly, it is great to read up on this before I hand in a request for the certificate.

As I have never done this before, I am a bit nervous about going through the process of getting a Tax Residency Certificate in my country. I never had to request one before, because none of my clients asked for a Certificate so far. The one that requested it is willing to work with me even though I told them it might take a while for me to receive the Certificate. So right now I am trying to figure out how this works and whether it is necessary.

As they seem to be a client worth my time, I am willing to go through the process, but I can't deny the fact that I feel a little sceptical about whether it is necessary for me to do this.
Collapse

Naomi Long
Naomi Long  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:51
Member (2014)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Have provided a certificate of tax residence every year now! Jun 27, 2023

Since writing this, I'm just adding a quick note to say that I provide a certificate of tax residency every year for at least two clients.

I do have a UTR (Unique Taxpayer Reference) number and my clients have been given it, but they insist on a physical certificate of tax residency, so I apply via the gov.uk website every year for this and wait for the letter in the post, and then I scan it and send it to my client.

They've made it much easier to apply on the gov.uk si
... See more
Since writing this, I'm just adding a quick note to say that I provide a certificate of tax residency every year for at least two clients.

I do have a UTR (Unique Taxpayer Reference) number and my clients have been given it, but they insist on a physical certificate of tax residency, so I apply via the gov.uk website every year for this and wait for the letter in the post, and then I scan it and send it to my client.

They've made it much easier to apply on the gov.uk site now, it used to be extremely user-unfriendly.

[Edited at 2023-06-27 12:04 GMT]

[Edited at 2023-06-27 12:05 GMT]
Collapse

Dan Lucas

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation agency asking for certificate of tax residence

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »