Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 05:23
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Feb 19, 2019

Dear Colleagues,

I've started working with a new client and as always I've checked its VAT number on VIES but for the first time I had this message:

"Your Request for VAT validation has not been processed; the maximum number of concurrent requests for this Member State has been reached. Please re-submit your request later or contact [email protected] for further information."

I’ve con
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

I've started working with a new client and as always I've checked its VAT number on VIES but for the first time I had this message:

"Your Request for VAT validation has not been processed; the maximum number of concurrent requests for this Member State has been reached. Please re-submit your request later or contact [email protected] for further information."

I’ve contacted the email provided, but in the meanwhile I would like to know if you have ever received this kind of message? Could this be a bug?

Thanks in advance,

Teresa
Collapse

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
Local time: 06:23
English to German
Temporary server overload on their side? Feb 19, 2019

Could you retry now?

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Ricki Feb 19, 2019

Ricki Farn wrote:

Could you retry now?

I've tried several times, always with the same result. I'll keep trying...

Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
VIES Feb 19, 2019

I've just got an answer from the VIES service:

"The Commission is responsible for the central component of the service and the Member States for the national components of the VIES.

When you face an unavailability of the service, this may be due to issues of one of the VIES components.

Each national VAT administration maintains its own database and is legally responsible to keep its national system updated and available.

The Commission is close
... See more
I've just got an answer from the VIES service:

"The Commission is responsible for the central component of the service and the Member States for the national components of the VIES.

When you face an unavailability of the service, this may be due to issues of one of the VIES components.

Each national VAT administration maintains its own database and is legally responsible to keep its national system updated and available.

The Commission is closely monitoring the performance of the national systems and is acting with national administrations, in order to ensure the highest availability of the web service.

These efforts had as a result an average availability of the system’s central component that reached almost 100% during 2017.

Despite our efforts, there might be times when certain national services are unavailable or the response time is slow.

As may already know, unavailability of the national system does not last for very long.

In your case, France’s (FR) national component faced a temporary unavailability issue.

For your information we are aware of the issue. The appropriate department of the French National Tax Administration is working towards a resolution the soonest possible.

Please also consider that there are scheduled unavailability shifts of the service (e.g. for maintenance reasons, or update of the databases).

For any scheduled unavailability shifts, you may consult: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/help.html

Each time such an issue occurs, we suggest that you resubmit your request(s) after some time."

So, I'll keep trying until the French component is available again...
Collapse

Josephine Cassar

Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
24 hours later... Feb 20, 2019

... still unavailable!

Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Finally... Feb 21, 2019

... it's working!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

VIES

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »