Smart features of CafeTran
Thread poster: CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 11:55
Nov 21, 2016

Here you can add the smart features of CafeTran that you like most.

Mine are:

• Drag and Drop of text with smart handling of spaces
  • Smart handling of case when transposing words at the start of a segment (Book this > This book)
  • Simultaneously adding subterms to your glossary/Terms Memory by selecting parts of the source and target term in the New term dialogue box
  • Simply dragging over text in any resource (glossary, ... See more

Mine are:

• Smart handling of case when transposing words at the start of a segment (Book this > This book)
  • Simultaneously adding subterms to your glossary/Terms Memory by selecting parts of the source and target term in the New term dialogue box
  • Simply dragging over text in any resource (glossary, memory, web resource etc.) to insert this text into your target segment
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:55
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
+ Nov 21, 2016

CafeTran Training wrote:

Mine are:

• Simply dragging over text in any resource (glossary, memory, web resource etc.) to insert this text into your target segment

and …

• Simply dragging over part of any word selects entire word

• Joanna Dobson
    Joanna Dobson  Identity Verified
    United Kingdom
    Local time: 10:55
    Member (2016)
    Russian to English
    + ...
    How do I upload MQXLIFF file into CafeTran ? Nov 21, 2016

I have been sent MQXLIFF files from a client and I need to upload them into CafeTRan. I've tried dragging the file into the new project window but nothing shows up in the translation window .. can anyone help?

CafeTran Training (X)
    CafeTran Training (X)
    Netherlands
    TOPIC STARTER
    Perhaps this helps? Nov 21, 2016

Joanna Dobson wrote:

I have been sent MQXLIFF files from a client and I need to upload them into CafeTRan. I've tried dragging the file into the new project window but nothing shows up in the translation window .. can anyone help?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/509643/ct-wiki/cafetran.wikidot.com/translating-memoq-files.html

Please reserve this thread for posting of your favourite smart features.

Igor Kmitowski
    Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
    Poland
    Member (2016)
    English to Polish
    + ...
    Ticket Nov 21, 2016

Hi Joanna,

You also submitted the support ticket with the .mqxlz file question. Please update CafeTran to the latest version and report in the ticket if you are still unable to load the .mqxlz file.

Joanna Dobson wrote:

CafeTran Training (X)
    CafeTran Training (X)
    Netherlands
    TOPIC STARTER
    Easily correcting a spelling error/typo Nov 23, 2016

Addition:

• Correcting a typo or spelling error by pressing Ctrl+Space, without the need to navigate to the typo.

Typo:

Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 14.48.54

Correction via Ctrl+Space at end of segment:

Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 14.49.01

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
    Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Smart features of CafeTran

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
    The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
    Protemos translation business management system
    Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »