Patrizia Riegler
Patrizia Riegler
Austria
Local time: 22:11
English to German
+ ...
Mar 9, 2017

Hi all,

My search function (ctrl+f) does not work anymore. I tried to close and reopen CafeTran and I tried to restart my computer, but nothing helps. When I press ctrl+f, CafeTran does not react, not even when I go to Edit -> Find... .

I hope someone can help me soon!

Thanks,

Patrizia

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Via the menu Mar 9, 2017

Are you by any chance working on a Mac? If so, I noticed this behaviour too.

I also noticed that once I've opened the dialogue box via the menu, the keyboard shortcut becomes active again.

[Edited at 2017-03-09 10:48 GMT]

Patrizia Riegler
Patrizia Riegler
Austria
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I don't have a Mac. Mar 9, 2017

I use Windows 10 (if that helps). Unfortunately, CafeTran does not open the dialogue box (Edit - Find...). It worked until yesterday evening, but today in the morning not anymore. I have also tried to disconnect my external monitor and keybord, but still nothing.

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Reboot your computer? Mar 9, 2017

Did you reboot your computer?

Any software active that interferes with the keyboard, e.g. a macro tool?

Patrizia Riegler
Patrizia Riegler
Austria
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I rebooted the computer several times. Mar 9, 2017

I rebooted the computer several times. The keyboard shortcut works in other programmes, only CafeTran is affected. When I try the shortcut, the mouse disappears and the line showing the project's name and the programme version (upper left side) turns from black to light grey, as if there was a window open somewhere, but I can click on my target segment and continue writing (this is not possible when a window is open).

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
External monitor Mar 9, 2017

Hi Patrizia,

You may have used an external monitor. The Find dialog was displayed there and after disconnecting, CafeTran 'remembers' its position on the external screen which may be off-screen in the main monitor if it has a different resolution. If this is the case, connect to that external monitor and check.

Patrizia Riegler
Patrizia Riegler
Austria
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works! Mar 9, 2017

I connected and disconnected my external monitor, but the dialogue box remained off screen. The problem was that I moved my laptop next to the monitor yesterday (usually I have it in front of it) and changed the screen settings (position) accordingly. Now that I changed the position settings the way they were yesterday, I could finally see the dialogue box.

Thanks for the help!

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Reset the location of the Find dialogue Mar 10, 2017

Can it be implemented that the position of the Find dialogue is reset to the (centre of the) screen with the CafeTran menu bar, on every start of the app?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Search function does not work anymore

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »