CafeTran Espresso 2018 freezing on my Macs when opening Studio projects
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Mar 1, 2018

Since my update to macOS High Sierra I'm experiencing freezing of CafeTran Espresso 2018 when opening Studio projects.

I've made a fresh install of the OS on my MacBook Pro and created a new user account on my iMac. On both Macs the freezing occurs.

The folder structure mirroring the content of the SDLPPX package is created, but the SDLXLIFF files are not loaded in the top left pane. CafeTran Espresso 2018 freezes frequently.

The developer cannot confirm my
... See more
Since my update to macOS High Sierra I'm experiencing freezing of CafeTran Espresso 2018 when opening Studio projects.

I've made a fresh install of the OS on my MacBook Pro and created a new user account on my iMac. On both Macs the freezing occurs.

The folder structure mirroring the content of the SDLPPX package is created, but the SDLXLIFF files are not loaded in the top left pane. CafeTran Espresso 2018 freezes frequently.

The developer cannot confirm my problem. But at least one other Mac user has the same problems.

Any other Mac users having problems with Studio projects? Please report!
Collapse

Rox-Edling
Rox-Edling
Germany
Local time: 07:53
Spanish to German
+ ...
+1 Mar 1, 2018

> But at least one other Mac user has the same problems.

That's me.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Suggested fix Mar 2, 2018

There has been suggested a fix for this problem, which I'll be testing over the next few weeks:

... loading of SDL TMs has been delayed until all the other resources are loaded in today's build. Please install the new build of update 1 of 2018 Akua and try again. The Product version in the About panel should say: 2018030201

Download at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pemhyqsee6x6a8t/20180301_update.zip?dl=1

[Edited at 2018-03-02 17:41 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Looks like the freezing is related to DeepL Mar 3, 2018

I just started CafeTran Espresso 2018 (yesterday's build) to work on the Studio project that I started to work on yesterday. DeepL was ticked in the CT Dashboard.

I had to kill CT:

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 10.37.22

Then I restarted CT, cleared the DeepL checkbox in the CT Dashboard and clicked on Open. This time CT started and didn't freeze. Of course the layout of all joined resources was lost (because of the freezing).

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Yesterday's build: no more DeepL Mar 3, 2018

The screenshot in my previous posting indicates that I actually wasn't using yesterday's build on this iMac. So I installed it:

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 10.59.02

The good news is that CafeTran Espresso 2018 doesn't freeze when DeepL isn't selected in the CT Dashboard.

The not so good news is that when CT is launched and the DeepL resource is selected from the menu, CT freezes:

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 10.59.55

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Some light at the end of the tunnel? Mar 6, 2018

It seems that the developer is working hard to solve this problem.

I have just downloaded and installed this version:

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 09.14.17

After that, I was able to select the DeepL checkbox in the Dashboard and open an already unpacked Studio project.

Keeping my fingers crossed ...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CafeTran Espresso 2018 freezing on my Macs when opening Studio projects

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »