Natalya Vinkler
Natalya Vinkler  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:49
Italian to Russian
+ ...
Mar 16, 2015

Hello to everybody!

I was wondering whether someone had encountered the same problem after copying the TM in another place.
The matter is that I had to replace the HD, so I was forced to work on another PC. I first copied the TMs on a flash memory, and I was not able to add it as a project memory (message: Unable to open the file, even though the memory seemed to have the same amount of MBs. Then I tried to open it from my original HD, and the attempt was successful. Now, I b
... See more
Hello to everybody!

I was wondering whether someone had encountered the same problem after copying the TM in another place.
The matter is that I had to replace the HD, so I was forced to work on another PC. I first copied the TMs on a flash memory, and I was not able to add it as a project memory (message: Unable to open the file, even though the memory seemed to have the same amount of MBs. Then I tried to open it from my original HD, and the attempt was successful. Now, I backuped all the files from my old HD to the new HD, and I'm still not able to add the TM from the new disk, only from the old one. I even replaced the TMs to the same folder on the new disk, but nothing to do.
I had to create a new TM and import the old TM, and the new memory is as twice as large as the old one and seems incomplete, even though the import process was successful.
I would like to know if there's a way to retrieve the original TM and why it's not possible to add it from another medium.

Thanks!

[Edited at 2015-03-16 12:16 GMT]
Collapse

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 14:49
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Repair TM Mar 16, 2015

When moving a DVX translation memory, you need to copy not only the .dvmdb file but also the .dvmdx and .dvmdi files. If you only copy the .dvmdb file, you must repair the translation memory before you can use it – those extra files contain the indexes of the database and are necessary. To repair a translation memory using DVX3, you go to File > Tools > Repair > Translation Memory and select the .dvmdb file that corresponds to the translation memory yo... See more
When moving a DVX translation memory, you need to copy not only the .dvmdb file but also the .dvmdx and .dvmdi files. If you only copy the .dvmdb file, you must repair the translation memory before you can use it – those extra files contain the indexes of the database and are necessary. To repair a translation memory using DVX3, you go to File > Tools > Repair > Translation Memory and select the .dvmdb file that corresponds to the translation memory you want to repair.

[Edited at 2015-03-16 13:16 GMT]
Collapse

Natalya Vinkler
Natalya Vinkler  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks!!! Mar 17, 2015

Thank you very much Epameinondas, it worked!

Giovanna Tomaro
Giovanna Tomaro  Identity Verified
France
English to Italian
+ ...
TM won't display May 19, 2020

Hi, I have moved my files to another computer but both the TM and the TD won't show. I have also repaired the TM but nothing happened. Any idea of what to do?

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 15:49
English to Turkish
+ ...
path May 19, 2020

Giovanna Tomaro wrote:

Hi, I have moved my files to another computer but both the TM and the TD won't show. I have also repaired the TM but nothing happened. Any idea of what to do?

Hi Giovanna,

I assume it happens when you open a project. Please go to project settings and relink the TM and TD.

Lbenito_atril
Lbenito_atril
TM won't display Jul 3, 2020

Giovanna Tomaro wrote:

Hello Giovanna,

Perhaps this article will help you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation memory won't open

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »