Thread poster: Sophie THEREAU
Sophie THEREAU
Sophie THEREAU
France
Local time: 08:20
English to French
Sep 27, 2019

Bonjour,

J'ai reçu il y a une dizaine de jours un message d'un certain Jason AMAROK, via le site concurrent de ProZ. Cette personne n'est pas inscrite sur le site et m'a écrit avec une adresse Yahoo.

Voici la conversation:

" Hello,

How are you doing today? Kindly let me know if you're available to translate a document from English to French which i need done in a month. I await your response.

Regards....

Thank you!... See more
Bonjour,

J'ai reçu il y a une dizaine de jours un message d'un certain Jason AMAROK, via le site concurrent de ProZ. Cette personne n'est pas inscrite sur le site et m'a écrit avec une adresse Yahoo.

Voici la conversation:

" Hello,

How are you doing today? Kindly let me know if you're available to translate a document from English to French which i need done in a month. I await your response.

Regards....

Thank you!

Sender Address: [email protected] (this member is not registered; the e-mail address was not verified)

Originating IP address of the sender: 89.187.164.158

Hello,

Thanks for your message. Before setting up a quote, I need to know if you are an individual or part of a company and how did you hear from me.

Please also provide me with the document to be translated, so I can make the best proposal.

Kind regards

Sophie Thereau

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me, well i work as an outsourcing agent (individual) i help my client to get what they want in a space of time. and here are the document attached below kindly check and get back to me with the amount you charge in word.

Regards "

Le document à traduire se trouvait en pièce jointe, il s'agit de " The AtlanticSlave Trade " de Jeremy Ball (NATIONAL CENTER FOR HISTORY IN THE SCHOOLS
University of California, Los Angeles).

J'ai prévenu la structure où travaille l'auteur, en leur demandant si tout cela était régulier, mais je ne me fais aucune illusion (il existe bien une personne portant ces noms et prénoms, mais à la direction parisienne d'une grande firme d'assurances).

Quelqu'un-e a-t-il reçu ce genre de message ?

Sophie
Collapse

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
French to English
Observations Sep 28, 2019

Cela a tout d'une arnaque. Si un 'client" potentiel ne donne aucune information concernant le document (sujet, volume), je ne réponds même pas. Aussi, dans sa réponse, cet "outsourcing agent", professionnel du langage, utilise "i" deux fois dans sa réponse. Une faute de frappe pour une fois, mais deux? Non.

Michele Fauble
Stéphanie Boufferet

Carla Guerreiro
Carla Guerreiro  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to Portuguese
+ ...
"How are you today"? Sep 29, 2019

Bonjour Sophie et Nikki,

Déjà, lorsqu'un message comment par "how are you today?", c'est un mauvais signe. Ces gens-là deviennent tellement prévisibles qu'ils ne se rendent pas compte qu'ils deviennent répétitifs et qu'on comprend vite fait que ce sont des escrocs. Cela devient presque risible.

Laurent Mercky
Stéphanie Boufferet
Oriana W.

Claudette LAYE (X)
Claudette LAYE (X)
France
Avantages Sep 30, 2019

Bonjour à tous,

Je viens de m'inscrire sur proz et à la lecture de votre post, je m'interroge si cela était une bonne idée.

Avez-vous déjà eu de réels contacts clients, des propositions de traduction?

Merci pour vos réponses

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

nouvelle arnaque

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »