Thread poster: enrico paoletti
enrico paoletti
enrico paoletti  Identity Verified
France
French to Italian
+ ...
May 1, 2021

Dear Colleagues,
Since a few weeks, the emails I receive from Prost automatically go into spam.
Has anyone had that kind of experience? Thank you for sharing your experience with me, if you have had, of course
Cordially,
Enrico Paoletti

Sayee Priyadarshini
Dalia Nour
Matthias Brombach

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:34
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Enrico May 1, 2021

I suppose you mean Proz. I have exactly the same problem...

ph-b (X)
ph-b (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:34
English to French
+ ...
ProZ and spam May 1, 2021

the emails I receive from Prost automatically go into spam.

Same here.

Support sent me this on 27th April:

"We are having temporary technical difficulties with notifications. Our systems administrator is working to solve this issue.

Thanks for your patience.

What you can do for the time being is check if emails from ProZ.com are not being spam-filtered or contact your email provider to ensure that all messages sent from ProZ.com are being "white-listed" and that they are not having any temporary email delivery problems. In Gmail you can even create a filter so that all emails from @proz.com are not sent to spam.

If you have a secondary email account, could you switch it and put it as the primary email address here
[your profile page showing your email address] and check if you start receiving notifications?"

[Edited at 2021-05-02 08:13 GMT]

Dalia Nour

enrico paoletti
France
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Of course, Teresa, I meant proz. May 1, 2021

I have found that if one registers the address, in this case "proz.com" in the "contacts"
the robots leave the messages to reach their destination
Ciao, Enrico

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Gmail? Or something else? May 1, 2021

I've had quite a few misadventures with gmail lately.

Even a filter to mark a client's entire email server "important" doesn't seem to guarantee timely notifications, and occasionally still has the emails tagged as "social" or even "spam".

Complaints get ignored.

Feels like they're testing another "smarter-than-you" algorithm that gets to override your settings. This new one seems to believe mails that get clicked on a lot, but don't often get email
... See more
I've had quite a few misadventures with gmail lately.

Even a filter to mark a client's entire email server "important" doesn't seem to guarantee timely notifications, and occasionally still has the emails tagged as "social" or even "spam".

Complaints get ignored.

Feels like they're testing another "smarter-than-you" algorithm that gets to override your settings. This new one seems to believe mails that get clicked on a lot, but don't often get email replies (such as notifications or links to jobs) are all junk mail.
Collapse

Angie Garbarino

Adam Dickinson
Adam Dickinson  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:34
Member (2016)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Possibly Gmail May 1, 2021

Wow. I just checked my spam folder and found several emails sent to me through the ProZ mailing system over the last month or so. Nothing groundbreaking, but still the kind of things I'd have liked to know about. Thank you for the heads up!

Adieu wrote:

I've had the same thing - Gmail has recently been sending emails from clients with whom I've worked for years into the spam bin. What I've done is set up filters with the rule that emails from certain senders never get sent to spam. Even so, it occasionally places a warning around emails from people I fully trust, saying that their algorithm thinks that the message is malicious.

The whitelisting filter I just put in place for ProZ emails is "Matches to:(@proz.com), Never send it to Spam" (since the messages are sent to [email protected] and then forwarded to my personal address). For clients, I also have Gmail automatically apply a label to emails from my main clients so that they're extra visible.

Adieu

Philip Lees
Philip Lees  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 22:34
Greek to English
Gmail hates me May 2, 2021

Adam Dickinson wrote:

Gmail has recently been sending emails from clients with whom I've worked for years into the spam bin.

Over the last few months I've been having problems sending mails to people who use gmail, even friends who I've been corresponding with for more than a decade.

Several times, I've delivered translation jobs to clients, only to have my mails turn up in the clients' spam folders. Now I always send follow up mails if I haven't received an acknowledgement of receipt after 24 hours.

Mails with attachments, or ones that contain hyperlinks, seem to be especially targeted. It's not that my IP address has been blacklisted, because some - even most - of the messages get through.

So this looks like a gmail thing, specifically. One more reason not to use it.

Still annoying, though.

For anyone who does use gmail and doesn't already know this, you can set up filters to avoid it binning your correspondence by following the instructions here.

"Create a filter rule to keep desired email out of spam"

Adieu

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Same reply 1 month ago May 2, 2021

ph-b wrote:

the emails I receive from Prost automatically go into spam.

Same here.

Support sent me this on 27th April:

"We are having temporary technical difficulties with notifications. Our systems administrator is working to solve this issue.

Thanks for your patience.

What you can do for the time being is check if emails from ProZ.com are not being spam-filtered or contact your email provider to ensure that all messages sent from ProZ.com are being "white-listed" and that they are not having any temporary email delivery problems. In Gmail you can even create a filter so that all emails from @proz.com are not sent to spam.

If you have a secondary email account, could you switch it and put it as the primary email address here
[your profile] and check if you start receiving notifications?"

[Edited at 2021-05-01 15:49 GMT]

But emails from Proz.com always in the spam folder, perhaps gmail is the problem, not sure

LIZ LI

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Enrico May 2, 2021

enrico paoletti wrote:
Since a few weeks, the e-mails I receive from ProZ.com automatically go into [the spam folder].

Well, then you need to change the settings in your e-mail program so that it doesn't sent it to the spam folder. Or, if you're using an online service such as Gmail, you need to set up a filter. If your mail provider marks these mails as spam and then delete them without sending them to you, you should ask your mail provider if they can fix it. Alternatively, you can register e.g. a Gmail address specifically for ProZ.com mails.

Eva Stoppa
Eva Stoppa  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
You are lucky May 3, 2021

At least your Proz.com e-mails do arrive. I have been having this issue since end of March, but the e-mails didn't arrive at all. Contacted Support and got the same advice as mentioned above to Change my Primary to my secondary E-Mail address for a while, which I did and now, e-mails do get to me, although, at least at the beginning, they arrived belated.

I don't use a Gmail address for Proz.com and yes. I had thought of contacting my E-Mail Provider, but this is always time-consum
... See more
At least your Proz.com e-mails do arrive. I have been having this issue since end of March, but the e-mails didn't arrive at all. Contacted Support and got the same advice as mentioned above to Change my Primary to my secondary E-Mail address for a while, which I did and now, e-mails do get to me, although, at least at the beginning, they arrived belated.

I don't use a Gmail address for Proz.com and yes. I had thought of contacting my E-Mail Provider, but this is always time-consuming and far from easy in my case.

By the way. When I contacted Support, there was no mentioning of Proz having issues, but e-mails having been sent to me.
Collapse

Giulia Marconi
Dalia Nour

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:34
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Problem solved! May 5, 2021

Teresa Borges wrote:

I suppose you mean Proz. I have exactly the same problem...

Since yesterday afternoon all emails coming from Proz.com have end up in the right box.

Dalia Nour
Dalia Nour  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 22:34
Member (2018)
English to Arabic
+ ...
The same here! May 12, 2021

I have the same issue till yesterday!

I have some emails go directly to my inbox or the direct mail box while the rest goes to spam!

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:34
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I consider my Spam folder a regular folder May 12, 2021

I check it almost at the same frequency as my Inbox.

Adieu
enrico paoletti

enrico paoletti
France
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Everything seems gone back in place May 13, 2021

It seems that everything is gone back in place since May 5. As for me, I check if there are spams every now and then.
I would like to thank all those involved in clarifying the problem.
Have a nice week-end,
Enrico

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

E-mail from ProZ.com going into spam folder

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »