Thread poster: Domenica Grangiotti
Domenica Grangiotti
Domenica Grangiotti  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:11
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 19, 2003

Good day, everyone.

We recently had a discussion on the Italian forum, starting from the Certificate of Proficiency in English I will soon re-take after 17 years (just for the sake of *re-assessing* my knowledge of the language).

In the end we all agreed on the fact that - in our profession as in many others probably - continuous education is a must.

I have a question on the subject:
although I specialize in electrical engineering/ electronics tech&le
... See more
Good day, everyone.

We recently had a discussion on the Italian forum, starting from the Certificate of Proficiency in English I will soon re-take after 17 years (just for the sake of *re-assessing* my knowledge of the language).

In the end we all agreed on the fact that - in our profession as in many others probably - continuous education is a must.

I have a question on the subject:
although I specialize in electrical engineering/ electronics tech&legal documents (language pairs EN>IT, FR>IT), in the last couples of years I slowly moved to pharma-med texts, although mainly from a technical point of view (e.g. software for lab devices, surgical devices...).

Can anyone suggest some resources (on line courses, books, etc...) on the subject?
It looks as though there is a big market here and I would like to get some in-depth insights.
I do not want to tread into anybody else's areas, just want to do my job better, if I can.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Domenica
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Continuous education

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »