Translator without using Trados is considered uncertified ?
Thread poster: C.T.T.C.
C.T.T.C.
C.T.T.C.
English to Chinese
Mar 6, 2002

I registered as freelance translator at Translationzone.com yesterday. I received warning from them to double check my profile. Later I found they\'re selling Trados products. I quickly erase the line I wrote in my profile : \"I don\'t use Trados ...\". Instead I just wrote what it\'s the truth. I don\'t use Trados during my work ! But I never said it \'s bad either ! I am extremely not satisfactory to receive such a warning.

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:14
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
it belongs to Trados Mar 7, 2002

Translationzone.com belongs to Trados.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:14
English to German
+ ...
Just look at the site... Mar 7, 2002

...the title of the homepage reads: \"Where Translators Connect with TRADOS!\", with a banner for T5 Freelance above. If that didn\'t give you the idea, all you needed to click is the \"About us\" link: \"TranslationZone is a free service provided by TRADOS, THE LANGUAGE ARCHITECTS.\"

Couldn\'t be much clearer, I guess...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translator without using Trados is considered uncertified ?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »