I am new here, pls help! russianarabic
Thread poster: Oksana Travnikova
Oksana Travnikova
Oksana Travnikova
Russian to Arabic
Mar 7, 2002

Greetings All,

We are two friends translators working in Kiev the capital of Ukraine, we are very pleased to join this list & we hope it will be nice to be among you.

We are translators from/into russian & arabic, Oksana

who is a russian translates from arabic into russian,

& Leila who is of egyptian background translates from russian into arabic. We would love to meet translators

of same languages for exchanging information
... See more
Greetings All,

We are two friends translators working in Kiev the capital of Ukraine, we are very pleased to join this list & we hope it will be nice to be among you.

We are translators from/into russian & arabic, Oksana

who is a russian translates from arabic into russian,

& Leila who is of egyptian background translates from russian into arabic. We would love to meet translators

of same languages for exchanging information, ideas,

& experience & mutual help.

Also right now we do not have any serious business so

we are open to any proposal & any cooperation. We charge just 5$/page & ready to offer a discount in case

of good proposals. We are ready to pay a good commission to anybody who can help us find a job

or requests for russianarabic translations.

you may reach us by email: [email protected]

or by phone: +380 44 4931377 you are welcome to call

at anytime day & night.

Sorry this was our first message so we talked about

our job & it is not advertising, in next posts we\'ll be

more helpful to the list I am sure.

Bets regards,

Oksana & Leila

Tel: +380 44 4931377

[email protected]

Collapse

Mike Sekine
Mike Sekine  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 10:18
English to Japanese
+ ...
E-mail Mar 7, 2002

Well, there are many things that you do to get yourselves established - but I think you can start with getting an e-mail that is more credible, by that I mean no yahoos, hotmails, etc..

I don\'t know how much experience you have in your field of translation but I would suggest you specialize in it, whatever it might be, and more importantly don\'t ever sell yourselves cheap. Undercutting the price will kill your business in the long run.

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)
José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 22:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Price.... Mar 9, 2002

Hola from Barcelona!

I am shocked by this:

\"Also right now we do not have any serious business so we are open to any proposal & any cooperation. We charge just 5$/page & ready to offer a discount in case of good proposals. We are ready to pay a good commission to anybody who can help us find a job or requests for russianarabic translations.\"

I do not know about the exact cost of living where you are or how much you need to get by
... See more
Hola from Barcelona!

I am shocked by this:

\"Also right now we do not have any serious business so we are open to any proposal & any cooperation. We charge just 5$/page & ready to offer a discount in case of good proposals. We are ready to pay a good commission to anybody who can help us find a job or requests for russianarabic translations.\"

I do not know about the exact cost of living where you are or how much you need to get by. In your combination, many of your colleagues will consider this clear price dumping. Now, from the point of view of a SERIOUS potential customer or client, the price you offer may present serious doubts about your credibility and professionalism. Mike, above, is right.

Cheers,

JL

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-03-09 13:54 ]
Collapse

Silvina Beatriz Codina
Silvina Beatriz Codina  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 22:18
English to Spanish
Try to find out about prices Mar 9, 2002

I am not familiar with the rates for your language combinations, but I also believe they are too low. Eastern languages such as yours are, I believe, well paid in the international market. Maybe you should contact any colleagues with the same language combinations and make some inquiries about the prices they are charging (there is a Russian forum here, maybe the people there can help). They should not be offended about this query, especially because it is in their best interest to prevent their... See more
I am not familiar with the rates for your language combinations, but I also believe they are too low. Eastern languages such as yours are, I believe, well paid in the international market. Maybe you should contact any colleagues with the same language combinations and make some inquiries about the prices they are charging (there is a Russian forum here, maybe the people there can help). They should not be offended about this query, especially because it is in their best interest to prevent their rates from being lowered.

I understand you are eager to get started (we\'ve all been there), but you must take into account that cheap prices attract cheap clients. You may end up being exploited by some bad agency that charges their own clients 20 times what you are charging them. Once you get into that loop it takes an enormous effort to get out. Just be careful and the best of luck.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I am new here, pls help! russianarabic

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »