Alexandra Becker
Alexandra Becker
Germany
Local time: 11:48
English to German
+ ...
Mar 11, 2002

Hello,

I just would like to know how bidding works. I mean do I really have to pay $1 each time I bid? And what about the premium membership? If I am a premium member, is it then free for me to bid?

Thanks for your answers

Alexandra

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:48
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
.....or 10 BrowniZ Mar 11, 2002

Hi,

$ 1 or 10 BrowniZ. Platinum members don\'t pay for bidding.

Giuliana
[addsig]

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 11:48
English to Dutch
+ ...
...or 100 BrowniZ Mar 11, 2002

...1 $ or 100 BrowniZ, not ten.

Good luck

Marta Goc
Marta Goc  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:48
Polish to English
+ ...
Paying for Job Bids Mar 11, 2002

Job bidding is a pay for bid system. There are many ways in which you can pay:

You can use BrowniZ points (100 points per bid). All new ProZ.com members receive 300 BrowniZ points upon registration.

To see how you can earn additional BrowniZ points, please see >How can I get BrowniZ?<

You can deposit money in your \"http://www.proz.c
... See more
Job bidding is a pay for bid system. There are many ways in which you can pay:

You can use BrowniZ points (100 points per bid). All new ProZ.com members receive 300 BrowniZ points upon registration.

To see how you can earn additional BrowniZ points, please see >How can I get BrowniZ?<

You can deposit money in your \"http://www.proz.com/?sp=wallet/h\">ProZ.com Wallet and each bid will be charged against it. It costs $1 per bid.

Premium members ($60.00 per year) and Platinum members ($120.00 per year) can bid on an unlimited number of jobs.

Collapse

ISABEL GUARDERAS (X)
ISABEL GUARDERAS (X)
Local time: 10:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
What if you're not in the USA? Mar 21, 2002

I am a new (brown) member. I have put 3 or 4 bids so far. This means that I\'ve used already a few brownies. If you\'re not in the States what happens when you run out?

How would someone in the UK pay? Specially if one feels a bit weary about giving credit card details and the likes on the net.

Thank you all.

Isabel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bids - please explain the bid fee

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »