Brandis (X)
Local time: 18:10
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
not somany various ways Jan 8, 2004

Mary Worby wrote:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=vid_application&viewPage=apply

The above is the form to apply for VIDding. You can apply if you paid for your platinum membership by credit card or if you have one of the specified moderators in person. Only specific moderators who have themselves been identified in person have the right to VID other members.

HTH
Mary

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Won't work this way, I'm afraid Jan 9, 2004

Hi Brandis,
apparaently it is not getting me any further. missing (Tick). Next if not 3 weeks a friend would pay for my extension.

Not sure if I understand what you would like to say here...?

The payment goes to my favour ( extending membership). How does anyone tackle this.

Thing is, how is ProZ.com supposed to check your identity if your membership is paid using someone else's credit card?

I'm afraid the only way you're going to get VID'ed without using a credit card issued in your name is to attend a powwow this year - note that those moderators who have VID authorisation must meet you in person to confirm your identity. Also, to do it this way, we must ensure that your full name is in your profile - as a consequence, you would need to openly display it (assuming it is in your profile) until VID has taken place.

Best regards, Ralf

[Edited at 2004-01-09 14:16]

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Jan 9, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Brandis,
apparaently it is not getting me any further. missing (Tick). Next if not 3 weeks a friend would pay for my extension.

The payment goes to my favour ( extending membership). How does anyone tackle this.

Thing is, how is ProZ.com supposed to check your identity if your membership is paid using someone else's credit card?

I'm afraid the only way you're going to get VID'ed without using a credit card issued in your name is to attend a powwow this year - note that those moderators who have VID authorisation must meet you in person to confirm your identity. Also, to do it this way, we must ensure that your full name is in your profile - as a consequence, you would need to openly display it (assuming it is in your profile) until VID has taken place.

Best regards, Ralf

First of all, thank you. Proz.com would be having my port numbers (IP) to track the transaction, and I as an individual may wish to choose a fancy name. All that does not lead to the goal. If someone pay in my favour,( next week this could be a friend of mine, using his credit card, paying to favour me), my membership would be extended ( which is not a question), or it could equally be that I, out of convenience pay in cash. Then the tracking would not function. But I am in a position to supply information, track id, time and dates and channels of payment. I had contacted Proz people alredy in this regard, they might give some solution or even change the design in this regard, fitting the multi-requisite, or they might even inform me, of only a few choices being open as legal. But I still have paid, regardless of which channel ( I think and I know that I have a right to get this TICK or Marking on the site) I am trying to understand the situation.
Regards,
Brandis

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Distinction between Platinum Membership and VID Jan 10, 2004

Hi again, Brandis,
But I am in a position to supply information, track id, time and dates and channels of payment. I had contacted Proz people alredy in this regard, they might give some solution or even change the design in this regard, fitting the multi-requisite, or they might even inform me, of only a few choices being open as legal.

Of course there could be countless ways in which a site could check one's identity. But these would need to be agreed upon on a case-by-case basis - which isn't feasible given the number of members, I'm afraid. Hence the three standard options.

But I still have paid, regardless of which channel ( I think and I know that I have a right to get this TICK or Marking on the site) I am trying to understand the situation.

I think you may be mixing up two things here: Platinum membership is what you have paid for - this gives you access to certain site areas or functions, plus various other benefits. VID is independent of paid membership - it's possible for non-Platinum members to be VID'ed. The fee payment being used as evidence of a member's identity is a matter of convenience, but Platinum membership does not confer any right to get one's ID verified.

Hope that's a bit clearer now.

Best regards, Ralf

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ID changed to original Jan 10, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi again, Brandis,
But I am in a position to supply information, track id, time and dates and channels of payment. I had contacted Proz people alredy in this regard, they might give some solution or even change the design in this regard, fitting the multi-requisite, or they might even inform me, of only a few choices being open as legal.

Of course there could be countless ways in which a site could check one's identity. But these would need to be agreed upon on a case-by-case basis - which isn't feasible given the number of members, I'm afraid. Hence the three standard options.

But I still have paid, regardless of which channel ( I think and I know that I have a right to get this TICK or Marking on the site) I am trying to understand the situation.

I think you may be mixing up two things here: Platinum membership is what you have paid for - this gives you access to certain site areas or functions, plus various other benefits. VID is independent of paid membership - it's possible for non-Platinum members to be VID'ed. The fee payment being used as evidence of a member's identity is a matter of convenience, but Platinum membership does not confer any right to get one's ID verified.

Best regards, Ralf
it is S.R.Bandi ( but I am known as brandis)There were times, when I had sent the mailback or even deleted and reposted under the S.R.Bandi, mentioning No S.R.Bandi available at this address. I had to stick to brandis, as it is short and easy to memorize. This is the main reason I am so loyal to this other name. But let us see which other changes and or conveniences the site may undergo.
Regards,
Brandis

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
I do not understand why payment through Paypal can be VIDed, Jan 10, 2004

while the one through moneybookers cannot be VIDed ?

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 11, 2004

Graciela Carlyle wrote:

Check if there is any in your area in the near future and get in touch with the organiser(s).
This would be another possibility for meeting other members that could verify your identity.

Regards,
Grace.
Hi! Well, I have reported the situation to the Proz.staff, I think that is at the moment best solution. Powpows is probably also a good idea, but I do not have the right kind of time. Thank you again. Bandi

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
contact the proz.staff Jan 11, 2004

chance wrote:

yes, as I did. I think my moderator is somewhere in England. Find out where yours is and from what I understand, that could also be an alternative. The site staff would certainly know, what to do.

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
No personal moderator Jan 12, 2004

Hi again,

I think my moderator is somewhere in England.

This must be some misunderstanding - there are no personal moderators: mods either cover certain language pairs in KudoZ, individual forums or the Jobs Area (some cover several sections).

BTW did you notice that there will be a powwow in Berlin in May?

Best regards, Ralf

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Paypal vs. Moneybookers Jan 12, 2004

chance wrote:

Simple reason: this would need to be set up separately, including a Moneybookers account for ProZ.com.

Why don't you submit a support request with a suggestion to get this set up?

Best regards, Ralf

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
tracking info Jan 12, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Brandis,

Best regards, Ralf

Even as someone pays using his / her credit card, the payment is being done favoring me. Howelse would I possess the tracking info?? i.e, transaction id, dates times and my membership was and would be extended. Which logic can explain this.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I meant a or the moderator for my language combination or something like that Jan 12, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi again,

This must be some misunderstanding - there are no personal moderators: mods either cover certain language pairs in KudoZ, individual forums or the Jobs Area (some cover several sections).

Best regards, Ralf
I meant a or the moderator for my language combination or something like that.

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you Ralf, I am going to do it. :) Jan 12, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

chance wrote:

Simple reason: this would need to be set up separately, including a Moneybookers account for ProZ.com.

Why don't you submit a support request with a suggestion to get this set up?

Best regards, Ralf

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Jan 14, 2004

S.R.Bandi wrote:

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi again,

Best regards, Ralf
I meant a or the moderator for my language combination or something like that.
thanks again for the help. As suggested I had contacted Mr.Walter besides contacting proz staff. I had never imagined,to see somany participating in my inquiry. Thanks again

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
two separate things Jan 14, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi again, Brandis,

Best regards, Ralf
A useful piece of information that VIDreferral differs from being a platinum. Then proz would be needing mobileagents to do the VIDreferral - check, whereas the platinum membership comes with embedded VIDed. I guess the winter is getting on me. Brandis

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Who is authorized to do the VIDreferrals

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »