Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 15:30
English to German
+ ...
Jan 6, 2004

Hi!
The situation is like this. I am a proz.plat, but id not verified. Now there is a help system under FAQ, offereing 3 alternatives to get the ID verified, but that didn´t get my any further. Is it a moderator who is authorized to do this or a member who id is already verified, you who those who have a tick or a marking. I shall appreciate any help in this regard.
Mighty thanks in advance
brandis

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:30
German to English
+ ...
Various ways of getting VIDded Jan 6, 2004

http://www.proz.com/?sp=vid_application&viewPage=apply

The above is the form to apply for VIDding. You can apply if you paid for your platinum membership by credit card or if you have one of the specified moderators in person. Only specific moderators who have themselves been identified in person have the right to VID other members.

HTH
Mary

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Jan 6, 2004

Mary Worby wrote:

The above is the form to apply for VIDding. You can apply if you paid for your platinum membership by credit card or if you have one of the specified moderators in person. Only specific moderators who have themselves been identified in person have the right to VID other members.

HTH
Mary
I know this page. Actually I had paid using credit card. But apparently I still do not have this marking on my page ( you know that tick). I don´t even know whoever my moderator is. But is it the only solution. Could I not reach someone nearby whose ID is already verified and get my id also verified. Help

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 6, 2004

Tayfun Torunoglu wrote:

As much as I know agencies had a little different procedure.

Mary Worby wrote:

HTH
Mary
I am not an Agency, sometime back I had contemplated to become one. But may be, to be a team is a better idea.
Regards,
Brandis

Mary Worby
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Have you completed and submitted the form? Jan 6, 2004

Have you completed and submitted the form and allowed a couple of days for processing? If so, and you haven't heard anything, I'd recommend submitting a support request!

Regards

Mary

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 10:30
SITE STAFF
Submit a VID application Jan 6, 2004

Brandis,

If the full name you set in your profile matches the name on the credit card you paid with, then you meet the qualifications for having your identity verified. You just need to submit a VID application.

http://www.proz.com/?sp=vid_application

Simply select the "paid for your Platinum Membership with your credit card or PayPal" option on the vid appl
... See more
Brandis,

If the full name you set in your profile matches the name on the credit card you paid with, then you meet the qualifications for having your identity verified. You just need to submit a VID application.

Simply select the "paid for your Platinum Membership with your credit card or PayPal" option on the vid application page, select "credit card" as the payment method you used, and enter the approximate date that you made your payment. Then click the submit button at the bottom of the form. We will review our records and verify your identity.

Regards,

jg
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
well, well Jan 6, 2004

Mary Worby wrote:

Have you completed and submitted the form and allowed a couple of days for processing? If so, and you haven't heard anything, I'd recommend submitting a support request!

Regards

Mary
The proz. N.Y had sent me a receipt of the payment. But would that be alone suffice the requirement! In that case I shall send the receipt back and get the VID-referral done. But the payment went through my brother´s credit card, and I had received the doc. acknowledging the payment.

Mary Worby
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Your name must match the credit card Jan 6, 2004

As Jason says above, the full name on the credit card must match your full name. So if you paid using your brother's credit card, you can't get VIDded in this way, I'm afraid.

Sorry, but I'm not entirely sure as to what other options are available to you. Maybe someone else can help. Jason, are you still there?

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Clarifications Jan 6, 2004

Jason Grimes wrote:

Brandis,

Simply select the "paid for your Platinum Membership with your credit card or PayPal" option on the vid application page, select "credit card" as the payment method you used, and enter the approximate date that you made your payment. Then click the submit button at the bottom of the form. We will review our records and verify your identity.

Regards,

jg
The name would never match, because I paid through my brother´s creditcard, who lives in Bahrain. How should I do it in this case ( Brandis is my site name - it is a short of my full name), whereas the name on the credit card is my brother´s name.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
one solution Jan 6, 2004

brandis wrote:

Jason Grimes wrote:

Brandis,

Regards,

jg
The name would never match, because I paid through my brother´s creditcard, who lives in Bahrain. How should I do it in this case ( Brandis is my site name - it is a short of my full name), whereas the name on the credit card is my brother´s name.
I shall send you the receipt as produced by proz.com, which would reflect the VISA number etc., I think that should do, but the holder of this card is my brother and he has another name and not a proz member. What to do now??

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
I paid my Platinum Membership with Moneybookers, is it possible to get the VID ? Jan 6, 2004

Jason Grimes wrote:

Regards,

jg

[Edited at 2004-01-06 15:55]

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
a suggestion Jan 6, 2004

Hi Brandis,

It seems the only way that you can get a VID is to meet a VIDer in person. However, when we open the dropdown list of VIDers in the page linked to above, all we can have is their names. It wouldn't be very practical to copy the name of the person, to paste it in the search box, to go to their page and find out where they are located -if entered- and to repeat this action a hundred times. For those whose only option is meeting a VIDer in person, a similar list with the wh
... See more
Hi Brandis,

It seems the only way that you can get a VID is to meet a VIDer in person. However, when we open the dropdown list of VIDers in the page linked to above, all we can have is their names. It wouldn't be very practical to copy the name of the person, to paste it in the search box, to go to their page and find out where they are located -if entered- and to repeat this action a hundred times. For those whose only option is meeting a VIDer in person, a similar list with the whereabouts of the VIDers also entered would be of much help, I think.
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Jan 6, 2004

Xola wrote:

Hi Brandis,

It seems the only way that you can get a VID is to meet a VIDer in person. However, when we open the dropdown list of VIDers in the page linked to above, all we can have is their names. It wouldn't be very practical to copy the name of the person, to paste it in the search box, to go to their page and find out where they are located -if entered- and to repeat this action a hundred times. For those whose only option is meeting a VIDer in person, a similar list with the whereabouts of the VIDers also entered would be of much help, I think.
Hi! I find your suggestion interesting. A change of design reaching this effect would probably bring the community together, at least regionally, resulting in Islands or colonies. A translators´ colony. Sounds funny though. Yes, it would be of great help if some change in the site design can be made along these lines.

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
Powows Jan 7, 2004

Check if there is any in your area in the near future and get in touch with the organiser(s).
This would be another possibility for meeting other members that could verify your identity.

Regards,
Grace.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi thaks for the tip Jan 8, 2004

Mary Worby wrote:

As Jason says above, the full name on the credit card must match your full name. So if you paid using your brother's credit card, you can't get VIDded in this way, I'm afraid.

Sorry, but I'm not entirely sure as to what other options are available to you. Maybe someone else can help. Jason, are you still there?
apparaently it is not getting me any further. missing (Tick). Next if not 3 weeks a friend would pay for my extension. The payment goes to my favour ( extending membership). How does anyone tackle this.
Thanks any way. Brandis

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Who is authorized to do the VIDreferrals

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »