Thread poster: Sanja Gjurova
Sanja Gjurova
Sanja Gjurova
Australia
Local time: 08:15
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Oct 4, 2011

I have become a full member a couple of weeks ago, so I am quite unfamiliar with job quoting.
What do you usually write down, is there a certain template I should follow? What information do I include? Do you always have to state your PRICE? (Since I usually set a price, after I've seen a sample of the text) Do you usually attach your CV? I would really appreciate your insight.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Sanja

snowyash (X)
snowyash (X)
United States
Local time: 15:15
English to Thai
+ ...
It varies Oct 4, 2011

Hi, I am on Proz.com for 5 months but I have some experience posting a job as well so I would say that it really varies. You should always complete your profile and make sure the job you are applying to fits your profile description. Price is very important and also very competitive. Depending on the language pairs and what the client is looking for, be aware that there will probably be 4-5 or more people who will be quoting at the same price. You need to make your specialty and profile stand ou... See more
Hi, I am on Proz.com for 5 months but I have some experience posting a job as well so I would say that it really varies. You should always complete your profile and make sure the job you are applying to fits your profile description. Price is very important and also very competitive. Depending on the language pairs and what the client is looking for, be aware that there will probably be 4-5 or more people who will be quoting at the same price. You need to make your specialty and profile stand out to win the bid.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to quote on a translation job?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »